Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariahlynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 07:11 AM
    What can I do and What can Happen?
    I live in Massachusettes, I have never been in any kind of trouble my whole life. I am a 43 year old female. I have been on disability for 5 years do to many health problems, and I raise my child alone, father never pays support.

Things have been stressful some days I am in bed for weeks so sick, and it is so hard on my daughter she sometimes takes care of me.

I was on the way to my doctors to get my injections in my head for migraines, so I thougt I would stop at the mall to exchange 2 sweatshirts that came undone at the seam when I washed them.. I went through sears first figuring I would use bathroom and as I walked by the kids clothes I started looking at them, my child needs new clothes badly. So I brought some into the dressing room to try on for size she is a little bit smaller that me, and I don't know where my head was at, I had taken to migraine pills and two pain pills before I left and all I had ion my mind was my mom having more test to see if her cancer has come back, I don't know why but I just started shoveing them into the bag and then walked around for ahwile, I was panicking at this point I wanted to drop the bags and run, so I started walking towards where I came in and 2 personel people at the store . Told me to give them my bags and come with them. I was so mortified, and sick to my stomach trying to understand what I did. The asked me all kinds of questions then called police. They did not arrest because I have no record I have to go to court In April I can't afford a Lawyer and I am scared to death I know things are going pretty bad in my life but I am a good person and I just don't know what came over me. Please help if you can I am so scared to go to court I am a wreck about this whole matter

Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Hello mariah:

Let me be the first here to advise you that your personal problems notwithstanding, nobody cares. If you want people to tell you how sorry they are for you, go post your question on the personal problems board.

I only tell you this, not to upset you, but to get you used to the criminal justice system. I'm not the only one who doesn't care about your problems. None of the other people with whom you are about to come into contact with, care either.

Not only do they not care, but if you continue to lament your personal problems as though they're an excuse, you're going to bring down even MORE problems on yourself.

The justice system likes things clean. Either you're not guilty, or you are. If you're not, then shut up, hire a lawyer and fight the charges. If you ARE (and you appear to be to me), then own up to it, express remorse, apologize (to the store in writing), make it right (in terms of paying back what you took), and do all of this before the court orders you to. Then stand in front of the judge, own up to it, express remorse, apologize to the court, and look the judge in the eye.

You'll get another chance to speak right before he sentences you. That would be the time to tell him that you've had problems. That would also be the time to tell him WHAT YOU'VE DONE to fix those problems.

I know, you would think they care about you, wouldn't you?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What will happen to me [ 1 Answers ]

Whaen will I get engaed? When will I get married? Where will he be from? Will he be from abroad?

Will it ever happen? [ 7 Answers ]

I just want to know if I should wait for my ex boyfriend to come back.. which I have a feeling deep inside he will.. Or move on.. I love him and I am willing to wait for him.. and give him space.. If I know he's coming back. But I don't want to be wasting time on nothing. What should I do

Will Something Happen to Us [ 1 Answers ]

Well I'm 16 and I'm dating this guy that is 17 about to turn 18 in Jan. If we have been dating will I have to break up with him just because he is about to turn 18.

View more questions Search