Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkkiky0 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 07:33 PM
    Ive had chronic nightmares my entire life. How do I stop them
    For as long as I can remember I always have had nightmares. A few years ago I addressed this and was diagnosed with chronic nightmares but no explanation for why. Over my life I've grown used to lower key scary/disturbing things in my dreams but every now and again they get so scary I wake up screaming or in a cold sweat. The older Ive gotten those types happen more and more often and recently for the past couple nights in a row. I also find it harder and harder to wake up and often times I find I can't wake up at all and will just resign myself to the horrors of my subconcious until I wake up on my own, which is mentally taxing and I feel like I'm going insane from it. Is there ANY way to stop this? I find that I'm more and more afraid of going to sleep and numerous times in my life I have forced myself to stay awake for days, the first time being when I was around age 8, just so I wouldn't have to experience anything horrifying. The longest time I've been able to stay awake is 3 days but the older I get the most I can stay awake for is two nights and one day. I don't know how much more I can take. Im 21 years old now.

Check out some similar questions!

My father died in front of me, how do I stop the flashbacks and nightmares? [ 21 Answers ]

I am a 28 year old EMT and 3 months ago my father passed away from a two year battle with throat cancer. To make matters worse he died right in front of me. Since his death I have been experiencing constant flashbacks and nightmares of that day. My father did have a signed DNR and was in Hospice. ...

Entire lifetime of nightmares [ 71 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 54 year old male, living in South Carolina. I have spent an entire lifetime thus far suffering from chronic nightmares. I had constant nightmares as far back as age 4 or 5 in my memory, can still remember some specific nightmares back to the mid 1950s. To my knowledge, I have never...

My current boyfriend says he feels like leaving his entire life behind him... [ 3 Answers ]

I guess my boyfriend and I have been together for five months and I love him to death. It just concerns me that he suddenly wants to drop everything and leave his family, friends and me behind. He feels his anger has gotten out of control and wants to break this "cycle" I asked if he loves us is...

Chronic nightmares and pains [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my names Cassandra and I've wanted to ask a doctor about this but I dislike my doctor and am too scared to talk to anyone else about it. Im 17 and ever since I've been little I've been having nightmares, sometimes when I'm awake but not night terrors, I'm literally awake and remember everything....

Chronic nightmares [ 24 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) 8 years ago, after witnessing a shooting in my family. I used to have very dehabilitating symptoms and wasn't able to go to school or work, but after years of intensive treatments I've improved dramatically. However, I still have constant,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.