Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Assleelipshurt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 09:44 AM
    My mom is depressed...
    So my mom has been depressed ever since my grandmother (her mom) passed away in a car accident six years ago. She literally does nothing but work. She never even acknowledges me anymore. I want to be closer to her but I don't know how. I just want her to be happy, I can barely look at her without crying. She so sad.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 10:01 AM
    How old are you ? Do you still live at home? How old is your mom ? What else did she use to do after work ?
    Assleelipshurt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 10:29 AM
    I'm twenty. So it started when I was 13 or 14. She's 43. Yeah I live at home still. And she used to go out with friends and to the movies and stuff a lot. An she had a garden. Now the house is mess her garden is dead... And she never goes out. She works third shift too which I don't think helps.
    lawspawsxx Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Try sitting down talking to her and tell her she can talk to you whenever she feels down, and maybe persuade her to see a doctor or mayb you could tell your doctor?
    LostGirl_86 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 19, 2012, 03:15 AM
    Let your actions speak... Show her you understand and that you are really sad about her being that way. Maybe you should take her out of her daily routine and suggest a vacation together or a day trip somewhere. It will get you guys closer. Once you n her start talking about things you could suggest that it might be good for her to go seek help. Make sure you tell her you will fully support her with it. Hope things get better!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is depressed, what can I do for her? [ 5 Answers ]

Recently my mom has become depressed. She just doesn't seem the same, she's always just tired and sad. She's even told me she is depressed. She commutes to work, so I think that has a lot to do with it. My dad can be a jerk to her, he's very selfish and only cares about himself. So I know she...

My mom is depressed and I am to how do I tell her? [ 3 Answers ]

I love my mom and don't want her to fell gelty in any way by thanking she passed it on or something.

Depressed Mom HELP [ 18 Answers ]

I am writing here so maybe someone can help me deal with my mum. Brief history, mum and dad were married for 30 years. Happy marriage on the whole. 5 years ago dad died, and mum was on her own. For 1 whole year she was truly sad and depressed. However 1 year after she met this guy! Both me...

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

Depressed mom [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have been married for 4 years and has 2 beautiful children. After giving birth to my 2 kids,I have this big tummy and my butt becomes flat that I'm so shy of wearing fit pants. What will I do to have a lage butt and flat tummy. Help me please.:o

View more questions Search