Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stuckwithdebt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 02:51 PM
    How many times can a creditor garnish you for the same debt?
    My ex-husband added me to a CC without my knowledge and now they can't find him to pay. They took money from my checking acct, which he is not on. How many times can they go into my account for this money that I don't even owe?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Until you prove to the court that it is not his money and get the garnishment thrown out, or it is paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a creditor garnish my wage in Texas? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and my car was repossessed couple years back can the bank come and garnish my wage or my bank now

Can a creditor garnish/levy your property? [ 1 Answers ]

Can a creditor garnish or levy your property, such as your home or car? Or are they just restricted to garnishing your bank account and your wages? The company in question is a credit card company. They have filed a summons... is it too late to file for bankruptcy?

Can a creditor garnish my security deposit while I still live there? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a creditor's attorney trying to garnish my rental security deposit. I still currently live at this place. My landlord is telling me that he is sending them the security and I will have to give him another one. Can they legally do this or do they have to wait until I move out? If they can...

Can a creditor garnish my wages or take money out of my bank account? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received court papers from an old credit card debt. The paper say I have 30 days to respond or judgement will be ruled in favor of creditor. I called the creditor and they will not take less than $350/month for my $4000 debt. I'm a single mother of 2 and cannot afford $350 a month. ...

View more questions Search