Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iceberg Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Why is my husband so interested in an older widow in our neighborhood?
    My husband is very interested in the widowed neighbor.He always jumps when she calls,and she does often.The neighbor always has a question or something for him to do.My husband is 73 and she is 80,should I worry?I don't know what hold she has over him.I am never included and don't like her,but he continues.
    maui_only_me Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Apr 8, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg
    My husband is very interested in the widowed neighbor.He alway jumps when she calls,and she does often.The neighbor alway has a question or something for him to do.My husband is 73 and she is 80,should I worry?I dont' know what hold she has over him.I am never included and don't like her,but he continues.
    Maybe you husband is just trying to make friends to your ngboor. Just don't add colors. I know that you really know your husband that well. So don't worry.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2007, 02:55 PM
    He may like feeling needed, why not go over with him to visit while he helps.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Iceberg, I just noticed this post of yours after responding to your other one. Your husband appears to be putting your neighbor ahead of you if he "always jumps when she calls." What is going on in your marriage? He seems to be totally disregarding your feelings when it comes to other women. I am completely baffled by this behavior.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 04:31 PM
    So you don't like her, go over when he goes, and if he is just there to help, then that is what happens, if he has been going over for other reasons, then it won't happen and she will soon stop calling.

You asked what we though, it appears you just want to sit and complain about what he does and not take any action.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Yes, I think I have to agree with Fr Chuck here. You need to start reining in your man. If you don't like the neighbor, does she like you any better? If not, that's a good thing. Go over there with your husband, every time she calls. Tell him, too bad, you are still coming with him and go. Maybe when you walk out of the door with him, he won't go. If he does, then don't let him talk you out of accompanying him. Ask her to make you a cup of tea. Start imposing on her a bit. She isn't going to like your showing up with hubby and will eventually stop calling for help if she thinks you will always be over there. Honey, you need to start being proactive here. It is the only way you are going to get what you want to get, accomplished.
    yoshiebomb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg
    My husband is very interested in the widowed neighbor.He alway jumps when she calls,and she does often.The neighbor alway has a question or something for him to do.My husband is 73 and she is 80,should I worry?I dont' know what hold she has over him.I am never included and don't like her,but he continues.
    Poop on hih
    yoshiebomb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Poop on him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband is totally not interested [ 10 Answers ]

I am good looking. My husband has never said I love you to me after we got married, never hugged me, held my hands and now for the last 2-3 years we hardly have sex, in fact zilch. He says he is faithful to me when I try to discuss this. He also says that he does not like to show his emotions. The...

What a neighborhood [ 1 Answers ]

Devotion Dave went on a business trip for a few days. When he returned, his wife reported that the dog really missed him. "She spent every night at the front door, waiting for you to come home," she said. "What an example of devotion," Dave replied. "I wonder if you'd be that concerned...

Older man, not husband [ 25 Answers ]

First post I am married woman been that way for quite a few years. I have a decent relationship and I honestly can say I love my husband. Got married far to young though and I know it, we have children now. Getting to my point, I have met a man who completely takes my breath away. We spend a...

Swindled widow [ 1 Answers ]

I invested in a so called company starting up and selling healthcare benefits. I knew the parties and thought everything was fine. I was given stock certificates in the company and have a written agreement as to the repayment plan they would pay me back my investment. I also have a lien against...

View more questions Search