Interesting is good too right?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Hey people.
    Still have my job.
    Life has been interesting this week.
    Any idea how much longer the doors will be open?

I have been keeping you in my thoughts and hoping everything works out well for you. :)
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 07:36 AM
    Hey bear and cat.

Well some how he paid what they wanted. I can't figure that man out. Why didn't he just pay them when they were due? No he spends money on everything else. Did I say he has built a half million dollar home on land he doesn't even own? What an idiot.

Well things are going good. I am under the impression I am the only applicant this company is looking at for this accounting job. So lets hope it stays that way.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 07:41 AM

Did you ask when theyd let you know by?

Hi Cat :)
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 07:46 AM

Been awhile all. How is everyone doing?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 08:01 AM

Morning everyone.

Sunny, I'll cross my fingers and my toes for you. I hope it all works out.

KC, how you doing? ;)

Everyone else. Hi!

Anyone have any ideas for neat Halloween costumes I can make at home? We really can't afford to spend a lot of money on new costumes this year, and I'm all out of ideas. Remember that I'm in Canada, so it will be cold. In other words, no bikini clad mermaids or anything like that, because the kids will be outside (along with me) freezing their arses off.

Is this really worth a bag of bad candy?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 08:05 AM

It's worth it for the kids Alty! I would love to be able to go trick-or-treating again. Damn getting old sucks!! :mad:
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 08:10 AM
    No bear I am not sure when I will know. I am distracted enough with the new house so the wait isn't to bad.

Alty my mom used to take pure white sheets and tie them around us, paint our faces white and bang, a ghost. Kind of drape it over there head like a cloak and if its to long you tie it up with a belt. Sometimes black eye liner was smudged under our eyes for the effect.

KC I am 37 and still trick or treat with my son. Hey if I am walking with him then I am collecting. Yes I dress up.
    Pets Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    It's worth it for the kids Alty! I would love to be able to go trick-or-treating again. Damn getting old sucks!!! :mad:
    Say the word KC and you can take my kids. I'll even make you a costume, and the kids will split the candy with you.

Bring mittens and a warm coat. ;)

I asked Jared if he wanted to go with friends this year, instead of with me and Syd. He's 12 now, old enough to go with friends (even though I'd worry until he got home). He said no. Most of his friends are older, and no longer going out. Now he's all worried that he's too old to go.

They're growing up too fast. :(
    Pets Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 08:14 AM

I like the ghost idea. Maybe I can find some cheap sheets at the thrift store. They can go as paisley ghosts. ;)

Syd wants to be a witch, which is really shocking me. This kid usually wants to be something cute, or pretty. It's either been princess or kitty since she was old enough to go trick or treating. Now she wants to be a witch. Yay!

I'm going to put curlers in my hair, cold cream on my face, fuzzy slippers and a fuzzy housecoat and go as my mother-in-law. :)
    Marriage Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    They're growing up too fast. :(
    They tend to do that. :(

Do they have any idea what they want to be for Halloween?

Good morning, all. :)
    Marriage Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 08:21 AM
    Syd wants to be a witch, which is really shocking me. This kid usually wants to be something cute, or pretty. It's either been princess or kitty since she was old enough to go trick or treating. Now she wants to be a witch. Yay!
    Witches can be cute and pretty. Anyone remember Free Spirit?
    YouTube - Free Spirit "Hallowinnie" Part 1 of 3
    Pets Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    They tend to do that. :(

Do they have any idea what they want to be for Halloween?

Good morning, all. :)
    Syd wants to be a witch (I already have a black wig).

Jared wants to be some character from a comic book he likes. I don't know the name of it, but the costume is a bit blah. It would require ripped jeans, a ripped shirt, a bandanna and a sword. He really wants to be an army guy, but he doesn't want us to spend the money. Major guilt trip there. :(

I'm sure I'll figure something out. I usually sew their costumes, but the fabric section of Walmart is gone now. They just got rid of it. The cost of material there was great, often $1/yard. I can't find that price anywhere else and I refuse to spend $30 on material for a costume that will likely only last one year.

Maybe they can wear some of my clothes, go as me. ;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 08:23 AM
    Witches can be cute and pretty. Anyone remember Free Spirit?
    YouTube - Free Spirit "Hallowinnie" Part 1 of 3
    OMG! I remember that show! Wow. Blast from the past. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 08:44 AM
    Did I read in a post that you were going back to work soon Alty? Won't that be great? I hope so. It's a good time of year with the holidays coming.

Gavins costume is lame. He wanted to be a T-bird like from the movie Grease. Haha funny I know. He is obbsessed with that movie. I searched high and low for a T-bird jacket and couldn't find one in his size. So he settled for a ninja suit from Walmart. Whatever, it works.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 08:51 AM
    Syd wants to be a witch (I already have a black wig).

Jared wants to be some character from a comic book he likes. I don't know the name of it, but the costume is a bit blah. It would require ripped jeans, a ripped shirt, a bandanna and a sword. He really wants to be an army guy, but he doesn't want us to spend the money. Major guilt trip there. :(

I'm sure I'll figure something out. I usually sew their costumes, but the fabric section of Walmart is gone now. They just got rid of it. The cost of material there was great, often $1/yard. I can't find that price anywhere else and I refuse to spend $30 on material for a costume that will likely only last one year.

Maybe they can wear some of my clothes, go as me. ;)
    That would be one heck of a scary costume (*runs away*)
    Marriage Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 08:52 AM
    OMG! I remember that show! Wow. Blast from the past. :)
    I love the Halloween episode. :D

Sunny, At least, now you don't have to worry about getting the 'grease' out of his hair. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    that would be one heck of a scary costume (*runs away*)
    (giggling) pss... bear your very brave
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 10:06 AM
    I love the Halloween episode. :D

Sunny, At least, now you don't have to worry about getting the 'grease' out of his hair. :)
    I agree. But secretly I would have just bought him a wig. He has blonde hair.

I am so proud of me. I go to the gym most days on my lunch. Been three years now. Never thought it made much of a change. Well today I took a class the gym manager was instructing and I impressed him! Whoop whoop. On my way out he said I was a little power house, me, a power house. I love it! The stomach work out was nothing for me and the arms were nothing for me. The legs got me a bit but I was happy for myself. (patting my own back right here)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alty's chit chat thread part 3 [ 1506 Answers ]

Alty wasn't here to continue it so here it is. Continue your chit chat you chit chatters...

Alty's chit chat thread part 2 [ 1500 Answers ]

Well the last one didn't last long. We really are a chatty bunch. Here's another 1500 posts to fill up. :)

Alty's chit chat thread. [ 1500 Answers ]

You all know that I'm notorious for hijacking threads. I go off on a tangent, drag people with me, and before you know it we're entirely off topic.:o Really, I don't mean to do it, it's just something I do, can't seem to control it. I really am a bad girl, I have to go to KP's room. ;) ...

View more questions Search