Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serendipityfl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Termination of month-to-month lease FLORIDA
    I need to terminate a month-to-month lease in Florida. I know I have to provide a 30 written notice. My questions are as follows.

Do I have to give the 30 day notice to the tenant prior to the beginning of the new month's term?

Do I have to state the date the premises must be vacated by?

Rent is due on the 1st of each month, but the lease was signed May 16, 2007.
    Is their term from the date of the signed lease or from the first of the month?

Thanks for your help in advance!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Normally the notice follows pay period, but since you have a written lease, the terms of a notice should be very speicfic in the written part, have you read though it, or perhaps even calling the landlord and asking them ow they wish the notice.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 9, 2007, 03:15 PM
    I would immediately give them a 30 day notice with a vacate date of 1/15. If they fight it, the most they can extend it to is 1/30.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notice of Termination for Month To Month tenancy - Virginia [ 22 Answers ]

Hello all, We have been renting this unit from a landlord who is giving us a bit of trouble. We signed the lease on June 2006 and the lease ended on June 2007 so now it’s month-to-month. On March 31, 2007 the landlord sent us a greeting card that the rent will not be raised. Here are her...

PA month to month lease deposit issue [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a month-to-month lease with either party having the option to end the lease giving 30 days notice. The landlord sold the townhouse, and gave me my 30 days notice (with her closing on the sale two days afterwards). Thirty days went by and I hadn't received any correspondance (including an...

Breaking a month to month lease that was signed 2 days ago. [ 1 Answers ]

Would I Be Able To Collect Back Money Paid To A Lessor For Security Deposit And 1st Months Rent If Apartment Is Not In A Sanitary And Safe Condition And the Lease Was Signed 2 Days Ago And Never Moved Into The Apartment And The Lease Is Month To Month

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

If my apartment lease expires and I am on a month-to-month [ 2 Answers ]

If my apartment lease expires and I am on a month-to-month (and paying an additional 105/mo to do so) do I still have to give the 60 days notice in the contract?

View more questions Search