Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camelot361 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Puppy won't walk away from home but will run towards home!
    My 4 month old Maltese puppy loved to walk on a leash until a few weeks ago when he suddenly refused to walk more than a few feet at a time when we were walking away from my apartment. As soon as we turn to go back to my apartment he runs all the way home. Nothing happened to scare or hurt him and offering treats does not help. I have even driven him to areas outside of my apartment complex but he refuses to walk until he senses we have turned around to head for home. I have also had someone else hold the leash so I can lure him with treats or my voice but nothing works. Can anyone help so we can enjoy our walks again??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Could be the 4 month old fear stage has kicked in. Nothing in particular has frightened him, it is just many dogs are that way at about 4 months. Don't force him and don't do anything he might interpret as rewarding him for being afraid. Try just walking short distances and letting him adjust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New puppy [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We just adopted a 5 week old puppy. The mother is a Bernese Mountain Dog, the father a Black Lab. We’ve had her for 4 days now and she’s doing fairly well with being house trained and spending time in a crate. My question is how best to handle full time jobs and a puppy. I realize that it’s...

Pop-Fly Home Run? [ 3 Answers ]

If someone hits a pop-fly and you're on 3rd base and you make it home before the ball is caught, are you out or is it a point?

12/3 Home Run to Kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

A 12/3 with ground wire is run from a kitchen to the service panel. I would like to use a double pole 20-amp breaker to supply the 2 small appliance outlets. Is this allowed by 2005 NEC?

Run Back home by Brian Poole [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I'm looking for the lyrics of "Run Back home" Brian Poole & The Tremeloes. Does anybody know a website where I can find it? Thanks, Jolatomate

Home run business [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I live in Ohio and we are thinking of starting a private day care center from our home for people who might need someone to care for a family member while they work or go on vacation. We recently took care of my wife's ailing mother for almost 2 years before she passed away this past...

View more questions Search