Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billybud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 05:18 PM
    Gunite pool rose 9 inches out of ground
    Had pool painted its 30 years old had no water for last 3 years . We've had a lot of rain. Pool rose 9 inches . We have filled pool with water it is 4 inches above original level but 4 inches higher at one end .no apparent leaks but haven't tried filter yet what next will it settle more insurance won't cover any damage ?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 06:25 PM

In a pewrfect wprld the poll would settle right back where it was but life isn't perfect. The pool will not settle completely or evenly. The water table rose and it floated like a boat (should not leave it empty so long) now when the water table settle back down silt and sand will have settled more beneath the pool than before. My thoughts, keep it filled with water and next spring raise the yard with clean fill around the pool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leveling the ground with mulch for above ground pool [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could use mulch to level the ground for my above ground pool. I was told not to use sand, and I have a hard time digging.

Draining a gunite pool [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gunite pool that is 8 years old. My alkalinity is so high that my pool guy has suggested draining about half the water and refilling. I have drained the pool down about a foot and a half, but the pump has stopped pumping water out. I was wondering if I need to adjust my valves to open the...

Draining a gunite pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I am trying to save my marriage! My husband wants to drain our pool - most places will build you a pool but know very little about repairing an existing pool - My question is do we leave the drain open or do we close the drain while painting? What is the type of wrench we use and where do...

View more questions Search