Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rose8389 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 02:02 PM
    Dying blonde and brown highlighted hair red
    Hello, I plan to do this tomorrow so speedy advice would be appreciated!

I have about 3inches of roota (natural dark brown) the rest ofmy mid-length hair is a light brown with mulitonal blonde highlights, different shades all through my hair. Im a little bored and strapped for money so I want to dye it red, only thing is I still want it to be multitonal.
    I wonder if I do home dye it, will the highlights be a different shade from the rest of the hair or will the do it yourself dye make my hair one blank colour?
    Also I don't want to be a brassy red, something very subtle and natural similar to julia roberts or Joanna Garcia, so any recommendations for home colour brands and shades?
    By the way I live in edinburgh so a brand I will be able to find easily please!

I would really appreciate any advice.
    Thanks
    Rach_87 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 04:10 PM

Hey, I would probably recommend going for a redish brown in the garnier box dyes so that you have a natural colour, I can't tell you what number the colour is as it is numbered differently to proffessional colours but they will be a name rather than a colour probably. This box dye is good for that multi-tonal look that you're after, the blonder pieces in your hair will still go red but will be a slightly lighter colour/brighter so you won't just be an all over block colour. Hope this helps you!! Good look .
    barbcle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 06:24 PM
    My hair has been bleach blonde for 5 years and now I want to go back to auburn. Someeople say it will turn pink. Can you help me. I have been using Clairol Balsam lightest blonde forever.
    circa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 07:34 PM
    Well in my experience going from blonde to red without seeing a professional is a BAD idea. My hair has always come out an awful pinky orange tacky looking red. Remember your hair is very light so dying your hair a light color or any red it will show up lighter than hoped or expected. My advice if you want auburn try a medium redish brown or just brown and then in a week or so go more red. It's a slow process but it's the best way for your hair to come out the color you want without the horrifying mermaid color then going brown then maybe red and essentially damaging your hair from dying it so much. I hope this helps
    circa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 07:36 PM
    Oh my response was directed @ barbcle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dying bleached blonde hair back to dark brown [ 9 Answers ]

I have bleached blonde hair and I am wanting to dye it back to my natural color. I can't afford to go to the salon so what do you suggest. Also, my I have tried to go to a dark blonde, but I think it has a green tint to it. Also I need suggestions on getting my hair healthy again after getting it...

Dying hair from bleech blonde to dark brown [ 5 Answers ]

How can I dye my hair dark brown, its bleech blonde at the moment, but I don't want to go to the hairdressers because its too expensive! Can you help me! :)

Blonde to red hair? [ 1 Answers ]

Need to change tinted high lift blonde hair to red. How to do?

Dying my hair from natural blonde ro brown [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm 15 and have have hade light blonde hair my whole life. I have dark eyebrows though. I don't like having dark eyebrows and light hair so I want to dye my hair the same colour of my eyebrows. Can anybody tell me what they think I should do ?:confused:

View more questions Search