Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ron597 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 06:58 PM
    Hippa Violation and American Disabilities Act ?
    I recently had a heart attack. I was on medical leave for two months. I had to wear the Life Vest portable defiliator . I was cleared by two doctors to return to work on April 3rd. My supervisor held up my return arguing I was an at will employee. I appealed to the agency who sided with me. I was allowed to return to work wearing the LifeVest. I was allowed to continue my cardiac rehabilitation during lunch. My supervisor has been hostile since my return. She refers to me as another burden she has. I am a case manager for a mental health recovery center. She informed the staff and patients of my medical condition and my presumed termination. On my first day back she said pressure would be on me and my health would be no excuse for performance. I have an order light duty. However I have been reassigned to washing vans ,groundskeeping and unloading delivery trucks. She has stated she will make it so unbearable I will quit since I cannot be fired. Although I have permission to go to rehab she has been highly critical of my departures. She makes me feel guilty for leaving.
    Is the agency liable for her transactions ? My supervisor costed me lost wages since my leave time had expired. She did get them to take my service time. I came back under probation even though I was two weeks away from being fulltime before the heart attack. Is the agency responsible for the Hippa, ADA and Rehabilitation Act violations of a supervisor ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron597 View Post
    Is the agency responsible for the Hippa, ADA and Rehabilitation Act violations of a supervisor ?
    Hello Ron:

Maybe. I'd show THIS post to her supervisor. If you get NOTHING, then take it to an attorney.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Hippa violation? [ 2 Answers ]

A child was crying and carrying on in a dentist's office. A hygienst in the other room who knew the girls family and was good friends with the family called the girl's aunt and said, "you won't believe who is in here carrying on. Your kids are a saint compared to her." Her name was revealed as...

Hippa violation [ 3 Answers ]

I work at a medical billing office, only 2 people in our office ever have reason to look at charts. I recently looked at my own chart as I see a doctor in a group that we bill for to see if any of my co-workers might be looking at my chart and to my surprise my direct supervisor and 2 co-workers...

American with Disabilities Act [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have experience in the Americans with Disabilities Act that can provide me some guidance? Here is a short synopsis of the problem: We are a small business, employing approximately 35 people. We have a young woman who has worked for us for almost 3 years. She is in a wheelchair and...

HIPPA violation? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a lap band surgery performed in mid December. I work for a surgeon who happens to be the chief in the department. After informing him and my supervisor of my surgery, he called his lover and told him of my upcoming surgery. He then had him call me and try to talk me out of...

View more questions Search