Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyd Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2012, 02:59 AM
    Why Am I not so talented?
    I feel low at the moment because I've come to the realisation that I'm not talented in any academic field. All I achieve is Cs, so I would say my intelligence is average, and I feel that my only talents are in playing the keyboard and drawing. How can I feel better about this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 16, 2012, 03:46 AM
    So in the same breath you claim to have no talents and then you do have 2 fine talents in music and art? Develop them! Don't listen to anyone who tells you they are useless for a career and financial success. If you are young and still at home, just put up with parents until you are on your own and can flourish - BUT be prepared to live on practically nothing for a while, the proverbial starving artist. Or work on finding good schools in the arts.
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2012, 04:03 AM
    We're all good at something. You've probably heard it before but it's true. I was the same way, couldn't figure out what I was good at, it most definitely wasn't school. My graduation year I picked a few courses I thought I was interested in. Turns out I'm really good with wood, and I passed my Residential Finish course with an A+. You're good at art, so take some courses, you never know what might happen!

Now, we're all different, so it may take a different amount of time for you to figure out what you're good at but you will eventually. Just try new things, keep an open mind and don't hold back. Anything you think you might like to do, try it, if you aren't good at it, at least you tried.

"You miss 100% of the swings you don't take."

Good luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2012, 05:06 AM
    First having C just shows you either have poor study habits, or you are a poor test taker. One of the smartest people I know, just can't do good on a test. He can in a converstation, know everything on a test and he will not past a written test if he wanted to. No idea why,

But talented does not mean making good grades, not sure who ever told you that. One of the most talented musicians I ever knew from LA. Could not read and write, but he was so talented in music.

Many people who make A and B, are not talented, they just study twice as much as anyone else, they may wake up two hours earlier than they have to. Same with people who do gym, or martial arts. I just got done with a two hour work out this morning, it is now 8 am. My family is still sound asleep, but I do this to stay in shape, my students at the studio never see me practice and say how talented, no, just years and hours of hard work.

And guess what, except maybe to help get into some colleges, when you graduate, no one asks, where you a student or a C student, they ask did you graduate high school, that is it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2012, 06:22 AM
    When I was in nursing school I had a hard time. I got C's. One of my favorite instructors told me that C means CONTiNUE! Don't give up!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a very talented singer, but my parents don't want me to be famous. Help! [ 9 Answers ]

I am a very talented singer, but my parents don't want me to be famous. I think I could become wildly popular, but they think that I will get involved in bad things. Can you help me? I am only 11, and I have a better voice than most Disney Channel stars.

Am I a talented poet [ 2 Answers ]

Im wandering if somebody can see if I have talent

View more questions Search