Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notguiltyman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Theft under 5000, canada, first offense, 18yrs old
    I went to my local WALMART which I used to work at today got so stupid and taught I could get a way with stealing a TV, a 42 inch TV that was worth 1200 bucks, that was my first time shoplifting anything, just because I wanted to get back at the store, so after buying some milk I just put it on the cart and tried to walk out with it, just about to go out the second door the security guy caught me, I cooperated and went to the back took hours to fill out the papers and for police to show up, they arrived and said that I don't look anything like my photo in my drivers license and took me to their car with out handcuffs or holding me... they filled out the paper work, the police guy kept calling the police woman a lesbian and they were laughing and they said that I am charged with theft under 5000 section 334 B of the criminal code of canada and I have to show up for finger prints then court... I don't want this to destroy my life for me, this is my first offense ever, not even a speeding ticket, I just don't want this to go on my record... I would do anything for that to happen, I don't have a lawyer yet, can you please tell me if I can get away with it only this time with probation or community service (can you please explain)?? I don't know WHAT I was thinking when I did that, but I was just so depressed can you please tell me a way for it not to go on my record?? I live in Regina Saskatchewan I am applying for university and jobs please I don't want this STUPID mistake to ruin my life for ever...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2007, 07:43 PM
    There are several threads here from people in similar situations. Though their thefts were of lesser value.

As a first offense you may be able to get alternative measures or a diversion that will keep this off your permanent record. Read the other threads for more details on this.

P.S. Please don't use PMs and e-mail to ask questions, just the public forum post is enough.
    Superfed Posts: 32, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 09:34 PM
    You need a lawyer or public defender. If this goes on your record, you will have a lifetime of trouble getting a decent job as all employers do a background check.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000-Canada [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I was caught for stealing at walmart. They brought me into the back room and did a police chack. Since it wamy first offense, I was pardoned. They didn't issue me a court date or anything, does this mean I don't have to go to court?. Do pardons show up on your record? I am currenlty looking...

Theft under 5000. 1st offense (Canada) [ 10 Answers ]

Well, I am 20 years old and today I was caught taking 2 power bars from a supermarket. I was low on cash and thought I could get away with it and save a few bucks. I was wrong. This is my first offense. I have a court date for 5 weeks from now and I get finger printed in a few days. I told them...

1st Offense ever theft over $5000 [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to be charged with stealing money from work using credit card refunds to my personal account. The total is over 5k and under 20k. I have only been arrested before for a dui. I think I can pay it all back before I get charged. What am I looking at as far as being arrested. I live in...

First Offense Theft under 5000 for stealing a micky just turned 18 [ 1 Answers ]

Hey , My name is derrick and I just turned 18 December 1st, not that long after that I think it was January 7th I got arrested for stealing a mickey for rum for a friend, I've never been arrested before or charged with anything and I went to court they told me to get a lawyer and come back...

Theft under 5000, second offense [ 3 Answers ]

Three years ago, I got caught shoplifting a package of beef jerky. I was charged with theft under 5000. It was my first offense, and with a lawyer's help, successfully pleaded not guilty. I have no criminal record currently. I had to attend an anti-shoplifting seminar, write a report on it, as...

View more questions Search