Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Mar 18, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Best insurance company?
    I was just wondering what insurance companies are most popular and which ones people like. My husband and I would like to get life insurance policies but we don't know which company to go with. If anyone has any ideas or would just like to tell me what company they have that would be of great help to me thanks. Also I'd like to know which ones to stay away from if anyone has had any bad experiences that would help too.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:30 PM
    My parents currently have prudential while I have allstate.

The thing about life insurance is... you never know what kind of "experience" you'll have until the inevitable comes. So far, our family's been paying the premium... and... yeah. We've never really had to call customer service or anything to that effect... so I can't really "review" these companies. Sorry.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Like Sneeze, says, you don't know what kind of experience you will have until you're facing darkness. It is definitely worth looking into multi-line discounts--> Often companies, to encourage you to bring ALL your business to them, offers incentives for you doing so. Therefore, if you have your auto, homeowner's, and life policies with them, you'll be eligible for discounted rates rather than having your business spread out amongst different companies. I recommend doing this because it will also make your life easier-->
    (1) You will build a relationship with the staff in your local office and therefore they will be at an advantage when it comes to making recommendations regarding your policy
    (2) Did I mention, multi-line discounts?
    (3) You can pay ONE bill each month so it'll be a lot easier to keep up with premium due dates.

Of these, #1 is most important. I say this because (I'm not aware of your age or health so these are just examples) if "Judy" your local office rep knows you're expecting a baby, you have a sick spouse, or a teenage driver, she's in a better position to ensure that you'll be properly protected if something does happen.

Whatever company you decide to go with, do it soon. Life insurance gets more expensive as you get older so don't wait. I suggest going with the larger companies because they often have more resources available to you (ie. After-hours help, websites). I love State Farm because we focus on building RELATIONSHIPS with our customers not just quotes. Our rates are competitive and we have lots of resources to meet your needs (life, auto, homeowner's, health, mutual funds, banking, loan financing). Hope this helps!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2008, 07:22 PM
    There is Mutual of Omaha, it is very well know, it is one of my favorite.
    Met is another great one.

One way to check is on the A.M. Best rating of insurance companies,
    You want to look for A and A plus ratings

A.M. Best Company

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance for company [ 1 Answers ]

Do I just need liability insurance for my cleaning Service? Is there any other kind of coverage that I would need for my workers?

Insurance company [ 4 Answers ]

Where do insurance companies ivest their money. How does this business work?

View more questions Search