Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by VAN5090 View Post
    I Havent been talking to him I changed my number but I've had daily contact with his mother and he hasent changed hes actually gotten worse so Im now trying to leave . I changed my phone number and he contacted me on my myspace with threats that if I dont contact him back I will regret it , I highly regret getting involved in this relationship It sucks.
    Make a copy of that my space message and bring it to the police station when you go there to get an order of protection.

Or the courthouse. Do it. It may be only a piece of paper but when he is served it he is forbidden to contact you in any way.

That includes threats on the phone or whatever.He will go to jail if he does that .I think your best bet is to go to a shelter. They will help you,they know everything you need to do to protect yourself.

You need to do that ASAP.

Please use this site to get help in your area ,its free and they know what they are doing they can also help the Mom.

The resource is there ,all you have to do is accept it!

National Domestic Violence Hotline
    CMALori Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 07:39 PM

You will think about the babies? Wow that's crazy. You should have never gotten your kids involved with this in the first place. You just need to move on for the sake of your children.
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

May 22, 2009, 08:05 PM

I once had a crazy boyfriend who threatened me and I had to move away (2 states) before I felt safe. He not only stalked me but one night ran out in front of my car and I was so startled I slammed on the brakes and he jumped in my car before I knew what was going on. It was terrifying. I had him locked up for 3 months after that (he couldn't make bail and I had all the threats he sent me in letters [before the internet]) but for years, YEARS, he told people who knew me that if he found me he would kill me. I didn't come back for 20 years.

These psychopaths do harm every single day. Report everything to the police and get away as far as you can. Read this on staying safe when trying flee an abuser here.

STAY SAFE!

I get the link but artlady does not so it's here: http://www.ndvh.org/get-help/safety-planning/

If the planning page doesn't work just go to www.ndvh.org for lots of information
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by susangpyp View Post
    I once had a crazy boyfriend who threatened me and I had to move away (2 states) before I felt safe. He not only stalked me but one night ran out in front of my car and I was so startled I slammed on the brakes and he jumped in my car before I knew what was going on. It was terrifying. I had him locked up for 3 months after that (he couldn't make bail and I had all the threats he sent me in letters [before the internet]) but for years, YEARS, he told people who knew me that if he found me he would kill me. I didn't come back for 20 years.

These psychopaths do harm every single day. Report everything to the police and get away as far as you can. Read this on staying safe when trying flee an abuser here.

STAY SAFE!
    Now I got it
    .Same site I always recommend.
    She is on the right road ,she needs to understand there is a good life out there.
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

May 22, 2009, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Now I got it
    .Same site I always recommend.
    She is on the right road ,she needs to understand there is a good life out there.
    Yes there is. The first chapter of my book is "My Story" in which I talk about my journey from DV to health and happiness. I also donate the book to DV organizations to spread the word that it IS possible!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virgin dating a sex addict [ 13 Answers ]

Im dating this guy that told me he's addicted to sex but I told him that Im a virgin and had no intention of giving it up until marriage. However, he's still interested and wants to continue dating me. Do u think it's wise to continue dating him? Do you think he'd eventually want sex from me? (Im...

Dating sex addict, but value trust. [ 11 Answers ]

I'm almost embarrassed to even ask the following, seeing as I'm 35 yr old stable guy, and it's probably something I should already know... but some confusion has gotten into the mix, so here goes. I'm 35 never married, no kids. Earlier in my life I was a workaholic, later in life I thought...

Exboyfriends a heroin addict [ 5 Answers ]

Well recently I posted a question about whether or not I should date my bestfriends exboyfriend but didn't mention about his past... he used to be a heroin addict and robbed one of my exboyfriends houses a long time ago he went to jail and served his time and went to rehab... I thought he had...

Should I try to start dating my ex who I broke up with 4 months ago? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 years old and my ex is 27. We met in the first year of law school and then he moved five hours away for school. Before he moved away, I got pregnant and we decided to have an abortion. After that, he got his acceptance into a very well-recognized law school. I wanted him to stay even though...

View more questions Search