Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cheshire2008 Posts: 74, Reputation: 17

Feb 4, 2008, 06:49 PM
    I see 12 important Steps in your future But the best part is it begins with only one
    I hope you take it. Good luck
    justme005 Posts: 200, Reputation: 7

Feb 5, 2008, 12:17 AM
    I am losing my grip on everything. My head is so clouded. This is my last beer. I swear... ull see
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 12:18 AM
    I'm awake and watching you.

Feb 5, 2008, 12:19 AM
    I wish u were. Lol
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 12:19 AM
    I would adopt you.

Feb 5, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Hahahahaha. That's funny.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 12:27 AM
    Well, sweetiepie, it's nearly 1:30 here and I must have some tea and cinnamon toast before I go to bed. Sleep well. I will be standing guard on your shoulder. If you feel something jumping up and down there and hear some muffled yelling not to drink, it will be me.

Feb 5, 2008, 12:34 AM
    Thank u... that's very sweet of u. lol... its 230 here by the way :) gnite'
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 06:47 AM
    How you doing this morning, Darlin?

Feb 5, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Just me,
    Please go back to the meetings at AA Find a sponsor They will help you get through this One day at a time. If you slip and you will they will understand. They will love you just as you are and get you through this. One day you will look back and say
    How stupid was that.
    If you feel like you do not like the meeting you went to go to a different one they have plenty all over the place.. Find one that you can relate to.
    Right now you need 90 days 90 meetings.

I believe that you can do it!!

Now you have to believe in yourself.

Feb 5, 2008, 09:22 AM
    I am OK today... just a little hungover.. but like I said I'm starting today. I have hw to do and research to do and practicing that must get done... I don't have time to be drinking.. that's how I'm looking at it... I feel like I am slipping away from myself so I need to pull it togther... as far as AA... eh I don't know.. I will look for a counsler at my school today. I'm off to play some pickleball

Thanks for everyone posting and being so supportive.. it means a lot.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 09:27 AM
    You have an e-support network here in all of us. Now you just need a support network that can physically be in the same room as you. But, even when you get one, we'll all still be here.

Just a click away. :)

Feb 6, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Thanks so much. I'm losing it. I'm going home this weekend though so I won't be able to drink. Which is good. And I'm not drinking tonight... maybe tomorrow though. I just can't say NO. I know I should and its in the bak of my mind but I just can't pull myself together to not go out w. my friends. And I know no one can help me but myself but I can't do it. Lol I go 5 days w.o drinking to 5 days of drinking... now I'm stopping again... ughhh. So beatt. OK well thanks for listening to me vent.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Darlin, those are not your friends. Ever heard that saying, "Friends don't let friends drink and drive?" Well, take it a step further, "Friends don't let friends drink when they're trying to quit!"

Its going to be infinitely easier to quit if you don't hang out with those friends. I'm not saying its going to be easy on any level, but "easier" if you aren't under their influence!

I just replied to another thread on here about friends... its not relative to your situation at all, but take a look at how life1973happened describes friends. If nothing else, some fun reading for your "extra time" :)

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...im-180668.html

Have a wonderful time at home... and use this time to maybe talk to family about your problem... I know, I know. You're too embarrassed... Darlin... You're going to have to suck it up and be a little embarrassed if you're going to quit this thing.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 6, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    Alcohol changes the body. It makes cells less permeable. I don't remember all of it. Over time, your body is adapting to your alcohol intake. It is a poison, especially for alcoholics.

When "normies" drink, their body slowly changes the alcohol to acetaldehyde, a toxic by-product which is then made into something else that the body can eliminate. Acetaldehyde is what floats around in the blood and gives you a hangover, nausea and all that fun stuff.

In the body of an alcoholic, alcohol is turned into acetaldehyde very, very fast. They can drink faster and more than a normie, and have lots of fun. But the body adapts to being poisoned. Over time, the cells, in their attempt to keep alcohol out begin to keep out nutrients...That's all I remember about that.

Not remembering things at the end of the evening is a physical reaction to long term intake. Getting a red face can be alcohol related too. Your body is no longer able to handle the amounts it used to. Although you continue to drink the same amount, it has become too much. You are poisoning yourself. Alcohol is socially acceptable and legal. That doesn't mean that it is not poisonous.

Go to AA. Read their free pamphlets and learn about it. Quitting drinking may mean changing some of your friends and certain lifestyle alterations. That stuff is killing you! I've been there. I am not judging you one bit. Alcohol lies to you, tells you that you do not have a problem with it. That is addiction.
    This is great. You hit the nail on the head. It would be better for you to stop drinking. AA Is a good place to start. The first steep it to admit it. The rest is kosher
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    Its going to be infinitely easier to quit if you don't hang out with those friends. I'm not saying its going to be easy on any level, but "easier" if you aren't under their influence!
    This is so very true!! I find, at school, that if I hang with the crowd in my class that doesn't smoke, then I don't crave a cigarette. Yet, on breaks from class (my classes range from 2 three hour classes a week and one 12 hour class a week), if I go out with the smokers, I start craving a cigarette and cave in and smoke. Staying in the classroom with the non-smokers is a great way to keep my mind occupied from my addiction.

Now, giving up alcohol is quite the same way. You need to distance yourself from the drinkers and hang out with the non-drinkers. Those non-drinkers (in my case non-smokers) can possibly be all the support system you need. I know they are for me.

Feb 8, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Ohh boyy... so I'm home now and I can't sleep because I need a drink... I'm so wide awake its retarded. I just want some of my dads wine... I think I'm going to go get some. Just a little... my heart is going too fastttttt :(

Feb 8, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Hold it right there just me! You need to go to a meeting. You have admitted several times that you are powerless over alcohol. You are the only one who can do this. If I was there I would put you in a car and take you too a meeting. That heart is going to get worse.

Feb 8, 2008, 09:08 PM
    I want you to look on line and call a hotline for AA right now Talk to someone who knows where you been and can talk you out of this. What do you have to lose here. Or Are you not ready to give up this way of life??

Feb 8, 2008, 09:25 PM
    My heart is OK now... I'm buzzed. Ha. I'm on my second talll glass... and I'm getting a gut. Ewwww. I tried looking for a sponsor oline the other day, but nothing came up! I don't know what to type in... I feel like I am not ready to give up this way of life, but I feel like I realllly have too for my health! I keep forgetting things and losing time when drunk... and evem when I'm not I still forget . I'm not telling my parents about this. They will kill me and put me in rehab. No in way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Drunk [ 1 Answers ]

A completely inebriated man walked into a bar and, after staring for some time at the only woman seated at the bar, walked over to her, placed his hand up her skirt and began fondling her. She jumped up and slapped him silly. He immediately apologized and explained, "I'm sorry. I thought you...

Having a hard time losing weight again, any ideas are appreciated [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22/5'4/235 lbs I really never even dreamed of getting overweight like this, but here I am now. Back in High school I was a huge workout addict, everyday I would lift/cardio for 8 hour sessions. But now I have a daughter and didn't work and didn't have time to exercise, so now I'm extremely...

Losing weight in a short amount of time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to lose weight but I can't seem to lose it as fast as I started to a month ago. I wanted to lose weight for the summer but summer is almost here what can I do??

Losing a long time friend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi last September I lost contact with my best friend of 4+ years over something so stupid. It would take down forever to write what happened but I'll try and write something brief: Basically it started because me and another friend of ours was invited out by some old school m8s last minute. She...

Drunk Problems [ 9 Answers ]

My friend Drew is mad at me. On Friday of last week there was a party he and I were invited to. I didn’t go knowing there would be alcohol. He did unfortunately. Well he got drunk and made out with his now ex-girlfriend’s now ex-best friend. She was at a party with me that we knew no alcohol would...

View more questions Search