Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Nov 20, 2012, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Absolutely right. And making an effort to reduce fraud via things as voter ID is better than doing nothing and in my view entirely reasonable.
    Of course it's right. After all you don't have to test it against what is actually happening in reality.

Tut
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2012, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Of course it's right. After all you don't have to test it against what is actually happening in reality.

Tut
    We're not the ones throwing a fit over any attempt to tighten standards.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 08:56 AM
    We're not the ones throwing a fit over any attempt to tighten standards.
    Nor are the liberals. It's your PROCESS that is at fault.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2012, 09:31 AM
    You can't vote anywhere in Europe or most of the world without providing proof of who you are... the only reason to defend no ID at the polls is to fight to permit votor fraud to continue like it has... THis year there was so much rampant fraud it makes Elections in Banana republics look honest.

http://www.slcelections.com/Pdf%20Do...C%20REPORT.pdf
    http://obamavoterfraud.blogspot.com/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 09:32 AM
    No one here is against voter ID. It's the PROCESS that matters.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2012, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No one here is against voter ID. It's the PROCESS that matters.
    Everyone is capable of getting an ID that is allowed to have one... you need an ID to do almost everything... there is no excuse for NOT having an ID.

People argue its not fair to the poor... we you can't go into the SSI office... the Welfare office or the Unemployment office without an ID...

You can't get into a courthouse without an ID...

THere is nothing wrong with the process... unless the problem with the process is that Illegals and other people not entitled to that ID somehow are getting one.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Everyone is capible of getting an ID that is allowed to have one....you need an ID to do almost everything....there is no excuse for NOT having an ID.
    Yes, everyone is capable, but for some it would take time. I know of many nursing home residents who don't have an official, acceptable picture ID and would have to figure out how to get one. The same goes for homebound, disabled, and people living in places without adequate transportation. Not everyone is young and limber and can hop into a car and drive to a DMV.

The process would give adequate time to get the ID.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Nor are the liberals. It's your PROCESS that is at fault.
    Oh come on, enough of that argument. We're past the election so everyone has more than enough time to get an ID before the next one.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 09:53 AM
    Oh come on, enough of that argument. We're past the election so everyone has more than enough time to get an ID before the next one.
    Yes, two years NOW. But that wasn't why this ID discussion was started. And allowing that much time.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Actually this discussion started on the premise that requiring voter id suppresses minority vote . I'm glad we are past that canard.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    actually this discussion started on the premise that requiring voter id suppresses minority vote . I'm glad we are past that canard.
    If the ID is required without giving people enough time to get it, that suppresses minority vote. Minorities are the ones who often use public transportation and have to make the extra effort to get the ID.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
    Oy ! Someone close this circular argument thred already !
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    oy ! someone close this circular argument thred already !
    So everyone who needs ID will happily hop into his car and drive the two miles to the local DMV and get it this afternoon?

(You really want this thread closed?)
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2012, 10:24 AM
    If the ID is required without giving people enough time to get it, that suppresses minority vote. Minorities are the ones who often use public transportation and have to make the extra effort to get the ID.
    How freaking long to those idiots NEED to get an id... how old are they? Are they really that mentally challenged?

THey could have one WITHIN a month of them turning 18... and they don't need renewed every year...
    Its not rocket science... it DOESN'T take nearly as long as it takes to get a passport...

They had to have one to collect welfare... they can't get government freebies without one... you can't open a bank account without one. You can't use a credit card or write a check without one.

But I bet they could find their way to collect whatever free handouts were available at any given time no matter where it was or when it was..

Most of these people don't have jobs... something else you need an ID to get... what are they wasting all their time on then?

If they aren't smart enough to get an ID then they aren't smart enough to vote... or is it just difficult for all the dead votors to get an ID... or the old people in nursing homes that can't even remember their own names... or all the Illegals casting votes that can't get them?

According to what is being discovered in that last link I provided across the country its all three of those groups that are the primary concern to the liberals when none of those people are legally or physically capable of casting legal votes.

After all presneting an ID violates the Democrats self perceived right to vote early and vote often. You only get to vote once if you have to present an ID.

http://obamavoterfraud.blogspot.com/ Lots and lots of sublinks to the multitude of fraud that happened recently.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2012, 10:26 AM
    So everyone who needs ID will happily hop into his car and drive the two miles to the local DMV and get it this afternoon?

(You really want this thread closed?)
    If they don't have it by 2014 it's their own fault, but I'm sure libs will still obstruct until then.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 10:32 AM
    If they don't have it by 2014 it's their own fault, but I'm sure libs will still obstruct until then.
    No, libs won't. At least they have two years now instead of two months.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2012, 10:39 AM
    No, libs won't. At least they have two years now instead of two months.
    It takes 2 hours to get one... WITH travel time.

You can have a Passport in a Month... and that's because it has to be Mailed both ways...

A simple state ID is extremely simple to get if you are qualified to have one... its only difficult for those who aren't entitled to have one... and those not entitled to have one also aren't entitled to vote for that matter.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 10:42 AM
    a simple state ID is extremely simple to get if you are qualified to have one....its only difficult for those who aren't entitled to have one...and those not entitled to have one also aren't entitled to vote for that matter.
    You apparently have never been homebound.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2012, 10:48 AM
    You apparently have never been homebound.
    then how to they collect benefits without a legal ID... How do they bank.. how do they shop... how do they do anything without ANY legal form of ID? How do they get medical care? How do they get food to eat?

I bet if they were giving out free stuff they could find a way to get there.

And people in persistent vegitative states don't get to vote.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 10:52 AM
    then how to they collect benifits without a legal ID.....How do they bank..how do they shop...how do they do anything without ANY legal form of ID? How do they get medical care? How do they get food to eat?

I bet if they were giving out free stuff they could find a way to get there.

And people in persistant vegitative states don't get to vote.
    They depend on family members to bank and shop for food. They have legal forms of ID (library card, birth certificate, etc.), but not photo ID because they don't drive.

Maybe homebound and bedbound people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Just your regular voter. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: I'm a wonk. I live, eat and breathe politics. You guys do too. I heard a statistic on the news today that 1 in 3 voters have YET to make up their minds. Wow. If they haven't made up their minds by now, what is the game changer going to be? Will it be a TV commercial? A personal...

Name Influence In voter ballots? [ 7 Answers ]

Do names influence voters? Would people in the United States feel comfortable with a president called Obama? Isn't the name too close to the possible mispronounciation of "Obey me?" How much do you feel that names influence the presidential election choices here in the USA?

Noise suppression. [ 2 Answers ]

What will be the best approach to be implemented in suppressing noise in a room with different engines located?:cool: :cool: :cool:

Period suppression for PMS? [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone on the board tried period suppression (taking birth control all the time with no 7 day break) for PMS? I've been on the pill for a while now, but in spite of that I have really wicked PMS and periods... bloating, cold sores, soreness, allergy symptoms, cravings, headaches and insomnia...

View more questions Search