Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 12:02 AM
    Joe,
    Right you are again.
    Once saved always saved is a misinterpertation of Scripture, a heresy.
    In many ways the bible proves that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Joe,
    Right you are again.
    Once saved always saved is a misinterpertation of Scripture, a heresy.
    In many ways the bible proves that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred.
    Fred:

Somewhere on these pages tell us how you're trip went!

Your support is always appreciated

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 01:42 AM
    Joe,
    I mentioned it to De Maria on another thread.
    I had a marvelous Christmas up by the Canadian border and feasted Jesus Birthday in three different homes with USA and Canadian relatives and friends.
    The trip up there was fine but coming home it snowed for several hundred miles so that was a bit worry some.
    Happy, prosperous New Year,
    Fred
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2008, 05:18 AM

I don't believe God looks at us as evil per say but rather he sees us as children who either reject him or fall short of his expectations. Neither does he judge our sins in degrees but rather if we repented from them or not. Jesus is our mediator and or savior so all we can do is give it over to him.
    Like the one Christian bumper stickers say
    Christians aren't perfect just forgiven
    Christian under construction
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Joe,
    I mentioned it to De Maria on another thread.
    I had a marvelous Christmas up by the Canadian border and feasted Jesus Birthday in three different homes with USA and Canadian relatives and friends.
    The trip up there was fine but coming home it snowed for several hundred miles so that was a bit worry some.
    Happy, prosperous New Year,
    Fred
    That's wonderful. Its good to have you back. Although I really haven't participated much since you left either.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 11:19 AM
    N0help4u
    Thanks for your thots on that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I don't believe God looks at us as evil per say but rather he sees us as children who either reject him or fall short of his expectations. Neither does he judge our sins in degrees but rather if we repented from them or not. Jesus is our mediator and or savior so all we can do is give it over to him.
    Like the one Christian bumper stickers say
    Christians aren't perfect just forgiven
    Christian under construction
    N0help4u:

I can’t find myself agreeing with you. Primarily because man can be evil in and of himself, and to suggest that God tolerates sin would be an error. While all do fall short in sin the effect is the degree to which sin impedes our love of God. Who judges or mediates is not part of this discussion. But, the Church does provide a means of redemption though the sacrament of confession; real redemption – removing sin, not simply justification – a covering of sin. Furthermore, sin can have more or less harmful effects in how it separates us from our love of God.

Sin is any willful inordinate action having an evil effect. Evil is perverting the form or the order or due measure of the natural order; the natural order is good being that it was created by God. Conversely, evil cannot be the originated by God, thus only man is capable of the first cause of sin. Original sin is a voluntary act (ex parte actus) to be distinguished from actual sin not by the deliberation of the act, but by the affect of disorder in our relationship with God (ex parte deordinationis). Both Original sin and actual sin can be further divided into two forms (Also see my previous post to Lacey5765, post 50)

Acts of sin can be divided into venial or mortal sin. St. Augustine highlights the primary distinction of characteristics wherein mortal sin “merits damnation” as opposed to venial sin which does not. The primary danger of venial sin is that it predisposes one to mortal sin. St. Thomas explains, “It is written (Ecclus. 19:1): 'He that contemneth small things shall fall by little and little.' Now he that sins venially seems to contemn small things. Therefore by little and little he is disposed to fall away together into mortal sin.”

The seven common capital vices that lead to mortal sin are pride, avarice, gluttony, lust, sloth, envy, anger. The division of sin into mortal or venial forms cannot be subdivided into class. Rather, mortal sin cuts off the sinner, whereas venial sin mealy impedes the sinner.

Source: St. Thomas Aquinas, The Summa Theologica, I-II Q88

JoeT
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2008, 11:52 AM

I am not saying man is not evil. I am saying that he still loves us and we either accept him and ask forgiveness or we reject him.
    We divide sin into groups but can you tell me that God says he forgives the glutton while he does not forgive someone that gossips? I believe it is about God knowing your heart more so than sin itself. He forgave David and Paul. Why because he looks at the heart and not necessarily the sin itself.
    I believe that is where the Church goes wrong with trying to 'win people to Christ' They get caught up in deciding someone is too evil or hardhearted rather than what God can do to bring them to repentance.
    That is what I mean, we tie God's hands with our limitations of categorizing everything.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Dec 31, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Moses kept the passover. Why? To keep the death angle away. Jeaus is our pasover
    And we have the'Lords Supper' or Communion for the same reason and Paul teachers
    Us how we should do this. " The teaching I give you is the same teaching I received
    from the Lord; On the night when the Lord Jesus was handed over to be killed, he
    took the bread and gave thanks for it. Then he broke the bread and said "This is my
    Body which is for you. Do this as a memorial to me." In the same way after they ate, Jesus took the cup. He said, This cup is the new covenant effeted by my blood, do
    this whenever you drink it as a memorial to me." When you eat the bread and drink the
    Cup what you are doing is proclaiming the death of the Lord until he returns.
    Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner
    Will be quilty of sinning against the body and the blood of the Lord'. (1cor 11: 23-27 )

My husband and I take communion everyday for the same reason Moses kept on keeping Passover. To keep away the death angel who would creep into our families
    Spiritually and into our hearts personally. We do this in our early morning prayer
    Time as we put the day into God's hands for guidance and direction. Biblically the
    Bible does not say when or how often we should take communion. When you take
    Communion you do it in remembrance of Jesus dying on the cross for us and for remission of sin.
    God knows our hearts !

Maggie 3
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 02:29 PM
    JoeT777 ,
    Very good explanation , that.
    Example...
    Gossip can result from pride, envy. Anger, or all three.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    ....My husband and I take communion everyday for the same reason Moses kept on keeping Passover. ....
    Very good thought. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

Is the Bible divine? [ 10 Answers ]

Just for my curiosity, What is it that makes the Bible the divine word of GOD? As it was written by men (many) how do we know it is the word of GOD? What credibility do the man who wrote it have? Is this the only word of God?

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible study [ 8 Answers ]

How to do a bible study? I am a teen and I want to do a bible study.Please give me some guidance on that

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search