Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2006, 04:55 AM
    Just curious, What do you do to enjoy yourself? Do you hang with the fella's or do sports? Do you have any really GOOD friends?
    Grayfox Posts: 129, Reputation: 23

Aug 29, 2006, 08:47 AM
    I lived in Japan on an Airbase for 7 years, at 13 I moved to where I am now in VA. It was a hard adjustment and I countered it with online video games to keep me busy. I had a very active life in japan. However, when I got here I found it hard, I tried to stay in soccer but I eventually gave that up. Making friends was slightly difficult, I have pretty much the same friend grou as I did then. However, I wouldn't say they're the type of friends I would like to have. Only one of them is nearly as thoughtful as I am, however he drinks with the rest of them and smokes and other things. I am not that kind of person, and as a result I put my ex-girlfriend ahead of them all. I still see them from time to time though, we hang out overnight or something. I don't like school sports ever since my past experiences here. However, to enjoy myself I do fencing, ninjutsu, I like video games still, but I don't depend on them in the way I did at one point in my life. I like watching 24 or listening to music when I'm upset. I don't do as many things as id like to, but I am also heavily involved in academics, this is my last year in high school and I have taken some of the most challenging courses offered due to being college bound. I would like a little more of a social group of friends that I can depend on and be honest with, but my hopes aren't up... at least hear anyway. I am depending on college to provide me with a group of friends, its like your life resets when you start college anyway.
    K_3 Posts: 304, Reputation: 74

Aug 29, 2006, 08:56 AM
    We moved often as I grew up, there are certain ages that it is hard to change schools, I believe 13 is one of those ages. Moving to a different country would make it more difficult. I understand more now. Once you go to college, you will find a variety of people. You will fit into a crown that is more academic and not into alcohol etc. Some feel this is a big part of growing up, I do not believe that is so. I had friends that had their minds set at what they wanted to do and did not want to waste time on drugs and alcohol. One has become a politician, another a doctor and so on. Life will change for you and you will have a good one.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2006, 04:31 PM
    Just like yourself and smile and others will like you too.
    You seem like a good guy and I'm sure you won't have a problem making friends. Juyst be yourself and have fun.
    And it s good to focus your energies academically. Continue to do so and the rewards will come in other apsects of your life!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My story.. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello First of all, thanks to all the mods and admins for running such a great forum. Kip Up the good work! Now here's my story, I 've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 years. Last week she said she needed a break before we get any deeper in this relationship. I agreed and gave her some...

This is my story [ 10 Answers ]

I met this boy several years ago. He was so wonderful, in so many different ways. My family loved him, as did I. We quickly fell in love. But I was so young and inexperienced. I was 18, he was 25. I didn't know what I wanted, in him, in myself, in life. I chose to abruptly end our relationship. It...

A story? [ 1 Answers ]

Please, can someone tell me if it's possible to write a "story" in the present or future tense. It might seem like an odd question but I won't say more until I get a response. Thanks, Dragn ::)

View more questions Search