Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 18, 2009, 12:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I didn't say great a$$ ,we all know what a cute tail you have :)
    :o Even with the carrot shoved up it? :o

Thanks for the advice Artsy.

I'm still nervous, but I think I'll be okay. I'm just going to do my best, if they hire me, great, if not, I'll find something else. :)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    :o Even with the carrot shoved up it? :o

Thanks for the advice Artsy.

I'm still nervous, but I think I'll be okay. I'm just going to do my best, if they hire me, great, if not, I'll find something else. :)
    That's the way to look at it.If not this job that some other job.Good luck kid!:D
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2009, 07:21 AM

It's normal to feel nervous Alty. :)

I'd like to greenie Stringer about something he said, that was indeed a good advice: find some questions to ask after the interview to show your interest.

I've do some 'data response' some months ago concerning two people (a man and a woman) getting interviewed. One of the 'strong points' of the woman was that she asked questions after being interviewed, which was highly showing her interest in the job.

There're also some other little things that you perhaps need to remember, details that you may forget:
    1. Have some chic and charming wear.
    2. Never show your back to your interviewer (even when leaving the room, after that, you can) except if she accompanies you to the door.
    3. Be as calm as possible, avoid stumbling, try to keep eye contact.
    4. Try to be succinct with your answers.
    5. Try to keep a smile, a faint one works enough.

:)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 19, 2009, 05:15 AM

How about you just invite your employer into the backroom and show her how much of an enthusiastic employee you can be?
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 11:25 AM

Did you have your interview Alty? :) It's about half past noon in Alberta?
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Aug 20, 2009, 03:53 PM

Yeah Alty... let us know how it went...

UpDaTe... :)
    Pets Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:48 PM

I bombed the interview big time. Stupid me. I was so farking nervous that I started rambling. I'm lucky they didn't ask me my name, I don't think I would have been able to give it to them.

Also, the secretary I talked to lied. They did want references from previous employers. Three of them. Um, did you not read my resume? I haven't worked in 10 years, the job I had before that I was with for 5 years, before that I was in college.

Do you really want to talk to my former boss of 20 years ago? I don't think he remembers me, if he's still alive!

Then they started the questions.

One of the questions, and I kid you not;

If you were a vegetable what would you be and why?

I said kumkwat, because it sounds silly.

Ya, I don't think they'll be calling me.

Beer? Okay!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Kumkwat now that is funny. Maybe they will call you back because they know you have a good sense of humour.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 07:35 PM

Alty, many times we think that we didn't do well and that is not their impression. Please wait to see what happens.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Alty, many times we think that we didn't do well and that is not their impression. Please wait to see what happens.
    I agree 100 percent Stringer...
    Pets Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 07:40 PM

I'll wait. I'll cross my fingers. I'll hope for the best.

If this doesn't work out then I'm going to get serious about my wood working, I'm going to make it a business come hell or high water.

So, either way, I have plans. :)

Also, the book, my ducky book. I have a publisher that's interested (yes, another one) and he'll be calling tomorrow. If that book gets published, weee! If not, I'll go the self publishing route, only $300, sadly, I don't have it right now. :(

Stringer, Joe, did I ever send you a copy?

Do you want one?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'll wait. I'll cross my fingers. I'll hope for the best.

If this doesn't work out then I'm going to get serious about my wood working, I'm going to make it a business come hell or high water.

So, either way, I have plans. :)

Also, the book, my ducky book. I have a publisher that's interested (yes, another one) and he'll be calling tomorrow. If that book gets published, weee! If not, I'll go the self publishing route, only $300, sadly, I don't have it right now. :(

Stringer, Joe, did I ever send you a copy?

Do you want one?
    No you didn't and yes I go...
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 07:44 PM

Yes would love one.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 07:45 PM

Hey...
    Pets Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    Hey..........................
    Et tu Friende?

Giggle. :)
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Aug 20, 2009, 09:09 PM

Can I get a copy too? I like books.. :)

And don't worry about the job... just see what happens... if its meant to be, it will be...

They usually ask those weird question as a psych test... so I don't know what your answer is telling them, but probably right that they will think you have a good sense of humor..
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 09:16 PM

You were supposed to worship the new Bunny lamp.

The remote controlled Venus Butterfly needed to be ready to run to knock the edge off the interview. Best if the remote is randomly activated by another party far away.

Your folder had to have some bunny pics to generate interest and then the entire bunny album handy,

With that , the door will hit you on the way out.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 11:02 PM
    Hi, Alty!

If things don't work out and you need help in marketing your business, whatever kind it is, I can definitely help you with that sort of thing!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 11:43 PM

*cross fingers for Alty*

I find it funny too... asking what vegetable you like to be... when you have to type the name of people and their details on the puter... lol
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 21, 2009, 08:40 AM

Alty... can I please see a copy of your book? Sounds awesome, I love bunnies :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I-751 interview [ 2 Answers ]

I live in California and I have applied for removal of conditions of residence (I 751) on dec 08. They called us for an interview on July 13, 09. I was on Monday at 7am. We were the only couple there. The officer gave us a hard time making questions, trying to intimidate us. We were pretty...

Getting a divorce before 1st interview of marriage based green card interview [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm living in america since 2003 decemeber, 1st I had a f1 then I transfer to h1b and now I'm on marriage based green card status, I'm getting a divorce to my wife and my interview 1st interview is due in a week ,what's going to happen to my status after that I have no criminal record no bad...

I-130 interview [ 1 Answers ]

I was denied political asylum 3 years ago and the judge started removal proceedings,at the time I was dating my husband for a year already so he insisted we get married right away without waiting any longer. Now after 2.5 years of marriage we finally have interview for I-130 scheduled, can I still...

Interview one [ 2 Answers ]

Please describe a time when you had to overcome differences and resistances to bring groups of people together to achieve a common purpose. What did you do? *

View more questions Search