Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 24, 2008, 07:01 AM

He probably doesn't have time.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 07:02 AM

I don't think I have anything to respond with. If it was a question such as, "You doing ok?" I might have come up with something...

But... that text? I mean... what IS the proper response for that?

My immediate reaction was, "Who is this?"... as I no longer have her number... but I realize now that "who is this" may have sent her over the edge.

Right now, I got nothing.

And yes, tal... I barely have time to eat/go to the bathroom as it is... much less deal with needy exes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 24, 2008, 07:39 AM
    You could multi task, eat in the bathroom, with your laptop, hehehe!! :D

Okay... must still need coffee!:eek:
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Sep 24, 2008, 09:41 AM

"Who is this?" would have been great, but I'm sure there would have been plenty more bs to deal with had you sent that...

A+ for the idea though...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 24, 2008, 10:36 AM

"Who is this?" would drive her to the brink, so it's better not to respond.
    fwnaklas Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Sep 24, 2008, 02:39 PM

Wow :P 41 pages of posts... finally I made it... congratulations sneezy for your progress... I don't want to say that you are mean :P but I seems that I am too nice sometimes...

I am thinking of printing your thread as a guide and start reading it daily :P

I guess I am so silly.. I would really feel sorry her and I would just say something to her after the last message... If I was in your shoes... Something like you know... I wish you the best but I don't want anything else with you...

But who am I to advice you :P... You handled the whole thing like a pro :P..

How much you charge per hour for relationship coaching? I am interested :p...
    Fredj88 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Sep 25, 2008, 05:24 PM

You were basically explaining me and my ex, we never fought, everything was all good an peachy, :(
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Sep 25, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredj88 View Post
    You were basically explaining me and my ex, we never fought, everything was all good an peachy, :(
    Don't read through it that way - read it paying attention to how much he has grown, and how he has healed through the time since. Use it as a confidence booster, not something to tear you down.
    Fredj88 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2008, 06:26 AM

I'm gong to read everypage of this
    jumpin0503 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 09:43 AM

I'm seriously going to print off the initial few pages of this and review it whenever I need a pick me up to keep motivation if I'm not near friends and/or can't post on this site in order to keep the NC continued and to continue healing.

You handled your situation extremely calmly sneeze, I commend you, I wish I could have the same mind set as you but sadly I have to work much harder for that mind set it seems.

Thanks to everybody who has posted here, it really does help a lot.
    spion_kop Posts: 48, Reputation: 9

Sep 26, 2008, 12:46 PM

Wow, I spent a couple of hours reading through this (yes along with a few bathroom breaks in between :P) and I have to say Sneezy, congrats man you've EARNED your confidence and self esteem back.

The funny thing about your story is that there are so many similarities between us.
    - I'm also pre-med
    - my ex dumped me after 3 yrs
    - dated a guy after 3 days who I too was cautious about
    - I went NC almost immediately and kept contacting me wanting to talk.
    - said that I disrespected our 3 yrs that we had together and other censored materials. Called next day apologizing for what she said LOL
    - I have been NC for 6 months+ and it feels great.
    - I actually got a message from her saying "hows school coming along. Senior year must be tough, did you take your mcats. I just wanted to see how you were doing" Basically sending our testers to see how she was doing.
    - All I can say is that by reading your complete thread sneezy, and after having many rendevouz with a couple of women, things are most def looking up.
    - It's strange how ex's tend to get into contact with you just when you've moved on/are over them.

P.S. Seeing as how your ex turned out sneezy, I'm damn well sure that there is a very lucky lady out there for you
    On a side note, may I ask if your paper got published and if you give me a general synopsis on it?
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 08:27 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm glad I was able to help somehow. I owe everyone who gave me excellent advice, and often a good butt kicking to help me along the way.

Spion, which paper are you talking about? I worked on quite a few...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    spion, which paper are you talking about? I worked on quite a few...
    I bet he means this thread. Send it to Seventeen or another girl magazine.
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 08:42 PM

Haha, if everyone's really adamant about it, I will actually look into somehow getting this thread published.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    haha, if everyone's really adamant about it, I will actually look into somehow getting this thread published.
    Just do your posts carefully edited. We don't care about the other ones. The magazine will want your experience. You want a list of places to send it? I have at least half of it on Word and could add the rest. I put it in a journal format.

Think of it as doing a public service to girls and women (and guys!) everywhere. Even send it to a men's magazine like Men's Health. Maybe it would help cut down on the NC posts here.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 26, 2008, 11:02 PM

I'd also want to submit my story too :D
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 11:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan View Post
    I'd also want to submit my story too :D
    And that story is..

Sep 26, 2008, 11:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And that story is...........?
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...in-192003.html

And this

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ed-220989.html
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 11:13 PM

So do what Sneezy did. Pull it all together into a comprehensible story and send it in to magazines.

Go to your local public library and ask Reference for help. They'll give you the 2008 Writer's Market or Literary Marketplace. Check the entries and figure out where best to send it. Put together a cover letter, print out your story and the letter, and mail them. If you need further help, message me.

Sep 26, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So do what Sneezy did. Pull it all together into a comprehensible story and send it in to magazines.

Go to your local public library and ask Reference for help. They'll give you the 2008 Writer's Market or Literary Marketplace. Check the entries and figure out where best to send it. Put together a cover letter, print out your story and the letter, and mail them. If you need further help, message me.
    Thank you :D <3

Can't wait :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search