Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 15, 2020, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    And we certainly appreciate your support of the local police.
    Your support of bad cops who commit murder and cruel atrocities is not appreciated at all. A fine example of Christian values.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2020, 12:01 PM
    Your support of bad cops who commit murder and cruel atrocities is not appreciated at all. A fine example of Christian values.
    You show me where I've done that and we can talk about it. Otherwise, you're just engaging in more of your sick fantasies.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2020, 12:14 PM
    You show me where I've done that and we can talk about it. Otherwise, you're just engaging in more of your sick fantasies.
    The sick fantasies are all yours, pal. Own them.

You made a sarcastic comment about supporting the local police. That's where you've said it. So now talk about it.

Btw, haven't heard that expression - support your local police - since the now defunct John Birch Society. Are you a member?
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2020, 12:21 PM
    Do you always have to copy? Have you no originality at all?

You haven't heard "support your local police" since the John Birch society? Really? What city in the wilderness do you live in??? Thankfully, there are people on the earth other than you.

https://www.amazon.com/support-polic...umper+stickers

A person would have to be stupid beyond belief to think that "support your local police" somehow equates to "support of bad cops who commit murder and cruel atrocities." It's idiotic. It would be the same as thinking that "support the military" is equivalent to supporting that small number who engage in war crimes.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2020, 12:40 PM
    You haven't heard "support your local police" since the John Birch society? Really?
    Ah, so you DO belong? That explains an awful lot about you.

A person would have to be stupid beyond belief to think that "support your local police" somehow equates to "support of bad cops who commit murder and cruel atrocities." It's idiotic.
    Too late. The idiocy is all yours. Trying to backtrack from the context in which you placed the comment is transparent to anyone reading. You have a tendency (previously noted) to do this sort of thing.

It would be the same as thinking that "support the military" is equivalent to supporting that small number who engage in war crimes.
    LOL. Nice try. But you're overdoing it.
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2020, 12:50 PM
    Ah, so you DO belong? That explains an awful lot about you.
    And in a similar fashion, I have concluded that you belong to the Communist Party of Russia. Well, one makes as much sense as the other.

Your conclusions are so stupid that it is does indeed make something transparent. VERY transparent. "I support the police." "Aha!" says Athos. "You are a member of the John Birch Society." "I support the police." "Aha!" says Athos. "You are admitting that you support bad cops who commit murder." It reminds me of some of the lines from the Pink Panther movies. It's so ludicrous that I'm laughing as I sit here typing this. And then it hits me. MORE YOUTH GROUP MATERIAL!! Thank you very much.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2020, 12:54 PM
    And in a similar fashion, I have concluded that you belong to the Communist Party of Russia. Well, one makes as much sense as the other.
    No comment on the context of your support the local cops statement? Diverting again?
    Expert

Jun 15, 2020, 01:07 PM
    You don't acknowledge the cruelties and atrocities by cops, so what should I think? You've never acknowledged the cruelty and atrocities of slavery, nor the affects after a few centuries? You do spend a lot of time complaining about black people and what they should do often enough, and chose to focus on the criminals and not the message of peaceful protests that have gone on for 20 straight days while criminality has gone down, so I cannot be alone in sick fantasyland.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2020, 01:55 PM
    You left out the fact that the man was running away and was shot twice in the back, killing him. There's video proof of that also. It's called felony murder.
    Since when is it ok to grab a cops weapon and point and fire it at them ? He failed a sobriety test ; resisted arrest, punched the cop, escaped from 2 cops wrestling trying to control him , stole a taser and ran away with it .The video shows him running away and twisting back to the right to shoot at the cop 10 feet behind him. Hind sight is all 20-20 here .
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2020, 02:19 PM
    You don't acknowledge the cruelties and atrocities by cops, so what should I think? You've never acknowledged the cruelty and atrocities of slavery,
    I've done so several times. I am a white southerner, but I have no romantic affection with the old Confederacy. I am glad the South lost the Civil War, and I am ashamed of those who participated in an unspeakably cruel and unjust institution. Now having said all of that, I know full well that you will come back in a few months and say, You don't acknowledge blah blah blah.

nor the affects after a few centuries?
    There we probably disagree.

You do spend a lot of time complaining about black people and what they should do often enough, and chose to focus on the criminals and not the message of peaceful protests that have gone on for 20 straight days while criminality has gone down, so I cannot be alone in sick fantasyland.
    I don't complain about black people. Yes, I point out the problems which are afflicting the black community which most people do not care to talk about. I have no problems with the protests, but when hundreds of businesses have been burned, then I cannot find it in myself to simply ignore it all. As I have said, if there is any justice in this world, your house or business will be next, and then you'll start to talk about it. I hope that never happens to you, but it would certainly serve a purpose.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2020, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Since when is it ok to grab a cops weapon and point and fire it at them ? He failed a sobriety test ; resisted arrest, punched the cop, escaped from 2 cops wrestling trying to control him , stole a taser and ran away with it .The video shows him running away and twisting back to the right to shoot at the cop 10 feet behind him. Hind sight is all 20-20 here .
    Would he have been shot and killed had he been white?
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2020, 02:23 PM
    Yes. White people are shot and killed by the cops far more often than are black people. Perhaps a better question would be, "Would he have been shot and killed if he had not resisted arrest, attacked two policemen, grabbed a weapon, and ran off like a maniac?"
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2020, 02:30 PM
    All of that is true, but none of it justifies the cop killing him as he ran away. When you say "shoot at the cop" you mean with a taser, right? Not a firearm.
    Expert

Jun 15, 2020, 02:38 PM
    Yes. White people are shot and killed by the cops far more often than are black people. Perhaps a better question would be, "Would he have been shot and killed if he had not resisted arrest, attacked two policemen, grabbed a weapon, and ran off like a maniac?"
    He should not have been, and the shooting was ruled a homicide by the coroner. tasers are not considered lethal weapons.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2020, 02:38 PM
    "...if he had not resisted arrest, attacked two policemen, grabbed a weapon, and ran off like a maniac?"
    Ran off or run off?
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2020, 02:40 PM
    Arghh! "Run off" would have been correct.
    Expert

Jun 15, 2020, 03:28 PM
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/la...edgntp#image=3
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2020, 03:48 PM
    Would he have been shot and killed had he been white?
    3rd time you asked this . I give my same reply ... I can't answer your hypothetical . Stats say he would've been shot .
    When you say "shoot at the cop" you mean with a taser, right? Not a firearm.
    ok then I'll give a hypothetical .He hits the cop with the taser and disables him long enough to grab the officer's firearm .

The only question is was it a lawful use of force ? I might suggest that Rayshard Brooks dictated the options . The cops could NOT release him on his promise to walk home and they could not let him get back in the car after he failed a sobriety test . Mothers against drunk driving might take issue with that . He is the one who resisted arrest . He is the one who punched the cop in the face .He is the one who wrestled the taser away from the cop . He is the one who began to flee . He is the one who continued to engage the cop by turning and firing the taser at the cop. When you talk about the cops options maybe you should consider what Brooks could've done differently . These officers did not escalate the situation, . Brooks did.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2020, 03:52 PM
    3rd time you asked this . I give my same reply ... I can't answer your hypothetical . Stats say he would've been shot .
    ok then I'll give a hypothetical .He hits the cop with the taser and disables him long enough to grab the officer's firearm .
    He wasn't next to the cop, and the chances of tasing the cop from that distance and while inebriated were not good. And the cops knew it was a taser, not a gun.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2020, 03:53 PM
    still no justifiable homicide

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a bigger problem than I been addressing it as? [ 3 Answers ]

I married 8 months ago at the age of 20. We met online and talked for 2 years and then married only 2 months after meeting. I So I moved from the northwest all the way to the southeast to lie with him in his family's house. We knew before we married that we shared opposing religious beliefs. His...

Bigger bra [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I wear these little crop top thingys but they're too tight and leave marks. I really think I need a padded bra or a bigger bra but I'm too afraid to talk to my mum about it. What shall I do?

How do I tell my mom I need get a bigger cup bra [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to tell my mom that I need a another bigger bra, but right before I try to tell her I freeze up and say something totally off the wall. I try to tell her and my sisters are around her all the time. Also my sisters are saying to me go get a bra that fits or they will say go put on...

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

Getting fit and bigger [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start getting bigger in muscle mass and fitter in running but I do not want to go stupid and end up looking weird and I am wondering if someone could help me, I will be in the gym at least 5 days a week 1 time a day but I do not know what exercises to do, I want to do a day on each muscle...

View more questions Search