Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Oct 29, 2010, 04:56 AM

I just woke up and he seems to be a whole lot better. If I let him in the backyard with no leash I think he would like it ( I said IF, he is staying on his leash as the vet told me ).He is still wanting lots of attention which is okay by me. He is slowly figuring out this huge cone thing that is on his head, still doesn't like it. Thank you all for your advice, information and caring. Hopefully I will have an update soon on what is causing his limp.
    Thank you for merging threads, I was unsure if I should have posted in the original or not.

Susan and Owen
    Dogs Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 01:23 AM

UPDATE YET AGAIN

Owen is going stir crazy with the limited walking. He has so much pent up energy. I am going to call my vet on Monday to see if I can take him for a long walk.
    He does not go on his leash outside for bathroom breaks as he needs to burn off some of his puppiness energy. Though we don't let him go for too much running and stuff.
    He absolutely hates his antibotics and we have to mix it with tuna. He spits it out if we put it back in his throat and if it is in his food he finds it and spits it on the floor. We are mixing it with tuna and water and dissolving it so he can't find it. Got to love a stubborn bully.
    Today he snuck out when someone left the house and chased a bunny. He would not come for hubby but when I went out and used my "tone of voice" he knew to come right away. It kind of made me feel good but I do wish he would listen to hubby as well.
    We are also signing him up for obedience classes this week. As he will be past his 10 days and it is not lots of walking etc. Mainly learning commands.
    Hoping to hear from vet this week about his x rays. He still has limp some times.
    Dogs Expert

Nov 5, 2010, 06:41 AM

I was not at home when the vet called so hubby gave me the information. Owen has elbow Displasia, OCD. I am putting it like that as in the articles my vet sent me it makes it seem that OCD is the specific and the other is the general.
    Sorry this is short but I need to get ready for work.

Susan and Owen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owen coming when called. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all As you most of you know, I have been working hard on teaching Owen proper manners, he has been working hard as well. We are doing well EXCEPT for him coming when called, all the time. He does it very well, most of the time but when we are at the dog park and he wants to stay and walk...

Owen and dog park [ 1 Answers ]

We have found a dog park that is completely fenced in and there is a spot where it goes by the river if they want to swim. It is very large so the dogs get lots of running in. We took Owen there and the first dog he seen was a 2year old male. We got talking to the owner and stayed with her as...

Owen has not finished his breakfast [ 15 Answers ]

Owen gets fed 3 times a day and it is now supper time but his breakfast is still their. He normally finishes his food all at once. I will say now that we have him off the Purina he does not gobble like he is starving. He has eaten approximately 1/2 of it. He is active, alert, drinking and...

Want to buy other half of land I owen [ 4 Answers ]

I own half of a piece of property I want to know if my half of the property will stand good to buy the other half.

Limping on and off? [ 7 Answers ]

Trink's been walking funny off and on yesterday and today. There are times when it seems like the right hind joint right at the ankle is "stiff", which makes her gait a little odd... hard to describe, but not as smooth and flowing on that leg as the others, with possibly a bit of a swing out. And...

View more questions Search