Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 19, 2007, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    So I take it that you believe there are christians out there?

I believe that if there are intelligent creatures out there made in God's image they will have to accept Jesus as universal ruler in order to gain eternal life. In other words he need not have died for their sins in order for them to owe him allegiance.

Colossians 1:15-18: By Jesus Were All Things Created
    “The firstborn of every creature: for by (Jesus) were all things created that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers; all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
    u08dc4 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

May 25, 2007, 07:12 AM
    I think this is a very christian question. Or there are two questions, are other planets populated and did god populate them. I understand that the majority on this site are Chritian but is it not a question dependent on your beliefs? I believe that other planets are populated because I feel its very unlikely thet out of all the planets ours is the only one with life! (I'm not atheist by the way :) )
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

Jun 1, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Here is an article recently published that sheds a lot of light on our question from a scientific point of view.

Planet-hunters find bonanza of new solar systems - CNN.com

For those that just want the highlights:

• 28 new planets found outside our solar system in the past year
    • Scientists: There could be billions of habitable planets out there
    • Four of the solar systems have multiple planets
    • "Our home is not a rarity in the universe" says astronomer Geoffrey Marcy

Scientists estimate that 10% of the 200 billion starts in our galaxy have planets that are habitable. With hundreds of billions of galaxies out there, scientists estimate that there are billions of habitable planets in the universe
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Here are a few key points about life on other planets and Christianity...

Only God is without sin

God sent is ONE AND ONLY begotten Son to die for our sins (here on Earth)

The Bible says that man is do die once (and only once)

So if there is life on other planets, they have not, and cannot, be saved. God only had one Son. And He already died for OUR sins.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 1, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Do you think they could be christians if the had antenae, 6 arms, and wings and flew in space craft that would put ours to shame?? Do you think they know of our God?? Would you try to convert them if they didn't, or would they be heathens?
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jun 2, 2007, 04:23 AM
    just remember, the first sinner wasn't adam and eve. It was the devil who introduced sin to the human race, so we didn't invent sin. For all we know, if we met aliens, for all we know we could corrupt them with our sin, if they aren't already afflicted with it.
    ActionJackson Posts: 301, Reputation: 28

Jun 2, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rr man
    Has God created beings on other planets besides Earth? And if so, are there also sinners in those worlds?
    _|__|_The Bible makes no mention of beings on other planets. However, I don't think there is a man alive who could unequivocally say NO. Sin befell this world as a result of the sin committed by Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. Only Adam and his progeny carry the curse of sin (transgression of the Law of God). That being the case, people on other planets (if there were people on other planets) would not be charged with sin unless one of two factors were present. 1) If people on other planets were somehow related to Adam or 2) If God gave those on the other planets His same Law and they willingly and knowingly broke His commandments in the same manner that Adam and Eve did.
    Expert

Jun 2, 2007, 06:25 PM
    I wouldn't want to be the one to call a bug eyed monster a sinner.

Jun 2, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rr man
    Sin is inherent to humans. So when you are talking about other "beings" are you referring to humans or beings in a general sense?.
    Human beings of the family of Adam. Lions and tigers don't sin. Bacterium don't sin. They just do what they are programmed genetically to do. Adam has the ability to create, play music, paint pictures, etc. However, Adam man disobeyed a direct command and, thus, transgressed God's Law. The definition of sin is the transgression of the Law. What's important isn't whether other beings are sinners or not but that Adam and his posterity are sinners and that, through faith in Jesus Christ, we have a pathway out of the consequences of sin which is death. Through faith and belief in Jesus Christ, we can have everlasting life in the Kingdom of our Father which is in Heaven.

Jun 2, 2007, 07:18 PM
    I wouldn't want to be the one to call a bug eyed monster a sinner.
    I think it would be kind of fun to call a bug-eyed monster a sinner (if he was a slow runner that is).

Jun 2, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Auttajasi
    • 28 new planets found outside our solar system in the past year
    • Scientists: There could be billions of habitable planets out there
    • Four of the solar systems have multiple planets
    • "Our home is not a rarity in the universe" says astronomer Geoffrey Marcy
    Interesting but not pertinent from a Christian perspective. That's not to say that since I am a Christian that I'm not interested in science. God is the author of all knowledge but knowledge of other solar systems won't save a person's soul. Faith and belief in and obedience to Jesus Christ is all the really matters.

Jun 2, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    only god is without sin. so, if there were other beings, they would be sinners too, coz only god has the perfection of no sin, so if there were other intelligent species somewhere, i hope theyve found god too, for their own sake.
    funnily enough, i used to toy with the idea of god being an alien, like two years ago, but thats a silly theory, coz he created us in his own image.
    I can't fully agree with you. Yes, God is sinless because God is perfect. However, sin is the transgression of the Law. A wolf cannot transgress the Law; therefore, a wolf is not a sinner. Also, just because a being is imperfect doesn't necessarily mean that it is a sinner. Imperfection and sin are not perfect synonyms. "Sin" literally means "the transgression of the Law." I kind of understood your point though, so no worries.

Jun 2, 2007, 09:51 PM
    I think the Creator has populated many worlds with life, but I doubt if they are christians.
    Interesting. The Creator is God. God has a triune nature i.e. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. God the Son is Jesus Christ. If God created other beings on other planets and those beings were aware that they were the "created" and that God was the "Creator," then they, like us, would love and worship Him in His complete nature. Therefore, they would be Christians.

Jun 2, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    why wouldnt they be? wouldnt god want everyone to be with him? he cares about everyone.
    well, i guess not christians, coz christ was on earth.......
    Christ transcended time and space and there's no reason to believe that He could not have visited other planets. However, it is really pointless to ponder that which is unnecessary to ponder. I shall move to another thread. Enjoy.
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Therefore, they would be Christians.
    Being Christianity is a man made institution, I think it unlikely that you'l find it elsewhere in the universe. Not until they let Christians on space ships, that is.
    Jeff Logan Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2007, 06:10 AM
    The human population on our planet has increased tremendously over the last 200 years. So much so, that only 40 years ago, we had less than half the people on the planet than we have here today. Each second, we are adding almost three people to the earth. In other words, we are increasing our population by 170 people per minute, 10,000 per hour, and an astounding 240,000 per day. In October of 1999, we broke the 6,000,000,000 humans barrier. Is there life on another planet? Only God knows.

Jeff

Jun 3, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Being Christianity is a man made institution, I think it unlikely that you'l find it elsewhere in the universe. Not until they let Christians on space ships, that is.
    Since Christianity is a belief system based on information that God gave to man and since Chrstianity is system of belief based on obedience to God and since God, Himself, in the body of the Man, Jesus Christ (Christ = 100% God & 100% man) preached the gospel and drew men into that belief system, then one can only conclude that Christianity is a God made institution. By the way, I think it highly unlikely that you will find atheists on other planets.
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 09:47 AM
    then one can only conclude that Christianity is a God made institution.
    The only ones who conclude that, are other Christians, and even under the best circumstances the non-christians who do outnumber christians are just as fervent in there own belief being god sent, which is what any human would say about whatever they believe. I present the possibility of finding atheist among other planets, before you'd find christians, just as a matter of course.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 09:55 AM
    I'd just like to correct some of the terminology being used in this thread. "Other solar systems" makes no sense. It's called the solar system because it's the planetary system around Sol, our sun.

I'm not sure I agree with you talaniman on the atheism on other planets front, if there is a greater being, surely other intelligent beings would have a similar inkling that we seem to have about what created the world.

Of course, if you're saying that God is a human construct, then it's a product of the way our minds have evolved that makes us susceptable to religious thinking, and other beings may not have that kind of wiring.

I think intelligent life on other planets is almost certain given the statistics of the situation and what we have observed so far.
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Jun 3, 2007, 10:13 AM
    "Just think, if there was intelligent life on another planet, and they look at us, and see the dog in front of us and WE are picking up THEIR crap, the dogs are going to look like the dominant species"
    -Jerry Seinfeld

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Planet X? [ 3 Answers ]

I've come across a site, www.zetatalk.com, which talks about the passage of a planet known as the 12th planet, and is referred to as "Planet X" in other places. What's the deal about it?

Could the Devil be from another planet? [ 48 Answers ]

This is a silly question maybe, and I know there is no scriptural basis for it. However, I recently saw John Carpenter's movie "Prince of Darkness", and it explains that Satan basically was an ancient evil being from another galaxy who came and tried to take over the earth. Anyway I thought it was...

Planet Earth [ 14 Answers ]

Has anyone else been watching the Planet Earth series that Discovery is running right now. I am addicted to it as is many of the teachers at my school. It is amazing how they catch the wildlife in their own habitat.

Pluto, Not A Planet? [ 2 Answers ]

Just recently Pluto has been disqualified as a planet with our solar system. Can any of you experts explain to me how or why this was determined?

Is it a planet? [ 2 Answers ]

Right now(4:00AM) in Wyoming, in the north eastern part of the sky, just above the horizon there is a HUGE bright star that seems to pulsate(twinkle) When I first saw it I thought it was a UFO! It is very prominent in the sky. Does anyone know if this is a planet or just a very large star? Okay...

View more questions Search