Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanad123 Posts: 102, Reputation: 5

Apr 23, 2011, 02:49 AM
    Boyfriend trouble again... sorry guys must be getting annoying
    Well yea, he is really really shy and he wants to interact more with me I can tell with the way he acts, yesterday he asked if it was OK for him to kiss me and I've told him he doesn't need to ask lol, but yea he's really shy and I want him to be more interactive to, he's just to shy to say it, we play basket ball a lot and when I have the ball he usually touches me to get it away but I don't let him get it haha, but yea anyone got any advice to help me break him out of his shell
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Apr 23, 2011, 06:15 AM
    Patience! Who knows how long it will take for him to break out of is shell(if ever).

He needs to keep challenging himself and interacting with many people in a variety of social situations(clubs, discussion groups,etc) to find out what the root cause of his shyness is and get over it.

As much as you want to, you cannot do this for him... you can be part of the process to help him along but, ultimately he has to do it alone(and he will dictate the pace). He may never be able to fully get over his shyness... just part of who he is. Don't just expect him to change.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2011, 07:02 AM

Don't try breaking him out of his shell, just make sure he gets comfortable enough so he will let you in.

We all go at our own pace, and there is no need to change or rush anyone before they are ready.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search