Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Droff Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 03:50 PM
    I got to looking at the subpanel I bought, it's a Homeline 100 Amp. There is only one ground bar in it and it connects to the panel box by a screw. Do I need to get another grounding bar for the neutral and keep it isolated?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 04:19 PM
    o, you need a separate bar and call it an equipment ground bar, bolt it into the metal box using the threaded machines screws that come with it into the threaded holes already in the panel.

And remove the connection screw from the neutral, the neutral bar will now be isolated for all white branch circuit neutral conductors. Use the equipment bar for any green or bare wires.
    Droff Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 04:42 PM
    I think I have the info needed and you have been an immense help tkrussel. I'll pick up the wire, breakers, antioxidant and ground bar tomorrow at Lowe's and get it wired up. If I run into any other issues, I'll post and look for your answers.
    Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Help room thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all am new here so pleasebare with me Am trying to fit a new room thermostat I have a smashed up honey well room thermostat (I have no idea off age its biege looking) I have just bought a cheep £10 wicks one but am unsure of the wires There's a red blue and yellow but I have no idea...

Referral bonus [ 3 Answers ]

Ihave received a referral bonus of 2000 this month. My friend wanted to split this bonus 40/60. 40 percent for me after taxes. Now, am I not losing money on this? Thanks.

Re bonus repayment [ 1 Answers ]

My employer notified me that I have to repay my bonus $6k after tax. The gross amount was $10k. What is interesting is that they told me if I don't repay by their cutoff date for 2005 adjustments I will have to pay close to the entire amount per the IRS. Can anyone point me to where in the...

Can a bonus be taxed twice? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a sign on bonus of $2000. However I am leaving the company before the 2 year time requirement so I have to pay it back. I noticed on my last check that they deducted my bonus AFTER taxes so now I've been hit twice. Is this correct? If not, what can I do now that it's already been...

View more questions Search