Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2010, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do you know what she means, Kit?
    Nope... she said the guy lived a few hours away and she had never met him... she didn't mention a "friend" knowing him.:confused:
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2010, 03:39 PM

The key for now is to do exactly what you said... keep it fun.

You sound smart enough to understand why concern is shown for the age difference and knowing each other only online.

Take it slowly... how long have you been speaking?. get to know each other more... what do you have in common?. what interests do you share? Keep it casual and friendly, but don't let down your guard completely and listen to your gut. Never ignore any red flags if you ever start to feel uncomfortable... easy to try and pass it off as being silly or worrying about him not liking you, but you have to remain smart.

Just as a side note... I met my husband out of the blue online and was very cautious even as an adult.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What do you mean, you were "so outright"? I've never heard that expression before.
    I'm thinking she meant that she came right out with her questions without providing more information to allow for a clearer picture of the situation.

That's my guess anyway... :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    I'm thinking she meant that she came right out with her questions without providing more information to allow for a clearer picture of the situation.

That's my guess anyway......:)
    I think she just coined a new word. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long is too long for a long distance relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

I am in LDR hell here, or so it seems.. before we were long distance, my boyfriend and I had been together for 3 months. It doesn't really seem that long but we were so close and I had the best time with him. So anyhow, he went off to Florida to start college in August this summer. At first,...

The long distance or is it him? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm sorry if this story is long but the background is important. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am 25 years old and my ex is 27. We met in the first year of law school and then he moved five hours away for school. Before he moved away, I got...

Long Distance [ 34 Answers ]

Hi! My boyfriend and I have been together for 21 months and we keep a long distance relationship(130 miles). We have been basically living together right from the first week we met, that is, he would stay at my place two full weeks a month. Only last April we started to talk about moving to the...

Long Distance [ 8 Answers ]

I've been seeing this guy for about four months now. He lives kind of far from where I am. We've been talking about moving in together. I know it's soon. He wants me to move there and I'm a little nervous. He's already looking at a place. I'm not sure if I should wait or not. I love him and can...

Help after long distance [ 1 Answers ]

I desperatly need some advice. Im a 24 year old guy and I'm feeling really confused right now. I was in a relationship for 6 years with my last girlfriend, things were great but half way into it I really started to doubt my love for her. My parents were going through a really bad patch at the...

View more questions Search