Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    yeah keigles are great for after pregnancy when you have incontenence issues. but wont do much for stimulation (unless you do your keigle excersizes WHILE having intercourse. if you can control those muscles that well, your man would LOVE that. lol. i know mine does!
    Yeah that's true... its rare that a women can have a LOT of control there, and by that I mean incredible strength (relative term), but I actually once dated a girl that did, and all I could say was damn...

Shame she didn't have much of a personality to go with that tallent.
    LittleBlackKat Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Jul 21, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Those are Kiegles, they strengthen the pelvic floor and help women hold their pee, and a bit more, but won't help on the stimulation end of things.
    Oh, okay, thank goodness someone else knew more about them than me :P thanks
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 02:47 PM

Lol I didn't know much about them either until mypregnacy.

Its easy to exerzise. The next time you go to the bathroom to pee, go pee for a bit, and then stop yourself. You will feel those muscles flexing. THOSE are your keigles. (the pee exercise is to show you which muscles they are)

Once you find them, you can practice with them any time.

You can also get some benwa balls. Basically you place them into your vagina, and use your muscles to hold them inside yourself for short periods.

Silver balls - Exercisers for vaginal muscles - EdenFantasys
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 08:25 PM
    Just jumping in on the discussion about kegels...

The only reason they're called "kegels" is they're named after Dr Arnold Kegel, who did extensive work with measuring the strength of the woman's PC muscles and the gains that potentially come from strengthening the pelvic floor. I guess calling them "kegels" is better than calling them "arnolds"? ;)

*sidenote... I wonder if dr grafenberg would be jealous? I mean at least Kegel gets his named fully attached... then again, the "grafenberg spot" doesn't sound as sexy as the "g spot" I guess...

Anyway... my opinion about kegels is fine... try 'em... don't expect them to solve anything and if they do, great.

Kegel himself admitted that biofeedback (measurement of resistance) was important... in other words, a woman could be thinking she was "doing Kegels" correctly, but doing them wrong, getting no results, and ultimately decide they don't work. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he had women do an hours worth of work, tho' I don't remember the exact procedure he used in his studies...

I dated a girl once who actually used a device that's on the market under several names. The kegelmaster... pelvic toner... think about a phallic shaped device that has spring resistance that gets inserted and you squeeze against the device...

Well, here...

The idea is the same as for any exercise... when done against resistance, it is more effective. People lift weights for a reason. Simple muscle contraction has a limited gain... lifting your arms up in the arm 1000 times won't give incredible delts, but do it for three sets of eight at 80% of your max single rep and you'll build that muscle group hard...

... meaning squeezing against resistance, which could gradually be increased with more springs or tension or something, is more effective than just squeezing without resistance.

So... did the kegelmaster2000 make her a rock star in bed?

She certainly could get a better grip when she squeezed... which was nice... a little surprise that was clearly noticeable when she did it... but honestly, id rather her mind be in the moment than her trying to time the right squeeze. We had good sex because she knew her body well and what she needed... the kegels, they just added a little something to play around with. Some women might find them sexually effective. Some might not. There's even "controversy" about whether they really do help with incontinence... the idea of a stronger pelvic floor seems fine, it's the "do they really strengthen that much without biofeedback"... in the end, I think most say "why not do them"... might help...

Even though much of the cosmo stuff really simplifies his work and sometimes sets up a woman for failure (just like a lot of the g spot talk), its still something to think about and maybe try. Hell... if a woman feels more confident because she is doing them, that increase in confidence alone can perhaps help her get to the big O...

Any strengthening of the PC muscles is good... won't do any harm to you physically if you "follow the rules"... just make sure you don't set yourself up for a mental block if doing a bunch of kegels doesn't change things sexually for you.

Personally, a wet finger or a vibe with intercourse is more likely to change your world in a hurry.

By the way... guys are also encouraged to do kegels...
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 11:49 PM

Wow KP are you a sex therepist? You always have such wonderful information!

I didn't know men HAD kegels ;)

I know what your talking about. I just couldn't resist that joke ;)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    wow KP are you a sex therepist? you always have such wonderfull information!

i didnt know men HAD kegels ;)

i know what your talking about. i just couldnt resist that joke ;)
    most men don't know they could do Kegels either. ;) rumor has it that it can help a man hold back... but all I've ever seen is all talk and no real research data... which means its easy to write and sell books on ideas like that. Could work. Makes some sense. Might not. Don't know.

I'm not a sexpert, tho' AMMD has bannered me as the yin to synn's yang... which mostly just guilts me into reading the AS boards more often and tattletaleing to the supermods on I & A's...

... that's a game a friend invented, I & A's...

the rules of the game are mostly you sit around, drink alcohol, and pick out the Idiots and Arseholes that walk by. Bonus points if you get one who is both... tho' that's not necessarily rare. The more you drink, the easier they are to spot.

uhm...

I think I was thinking about thanking you for the "useful info" part. That's the back on topicish angle tho' not exactly...

I've bachelor degrees in the sciences. Done research but not in sexuality. Most of what I know I've learned first hand, heard second hand or read... some from books, some from primary literature. I like to talk about girls and sex. Call it a serious hobby without icky angles.

if I was naturally able to bed any woman and bring her to wild heights by pure instinct, I wouldn't be here talking about sex. Like most mortals, I've had to adapt and rethink and sometimes pick myself off the floor when a woman smacked me upside the head for catching a hair in my teeth.

*plink*

*smack!*

*thud*

=)
    chipmunk1233 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 01:25 PM
    Post edited out completely, this user claims to be 13, so they could have no sexual advice what so ever. FC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding when aroused during sex? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am 27 and have had the same partner for 8 years. We have 2 kids 7 and 4 in age and about 2 years ago I started to bleed a little durning sex. I asked me gyob and she thought it might be an infection . After ruleing out that I am still unsure what it could be . I seem only to bleed when...

Being too sexually aroused? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a 20 year old female and also gay. And for a few years now, I always find myself thinking about sex like all the time, I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is ridicuilous how much I do think about it and how often I get turned on, and no matter how many times I have sex, I'm still...

How can I tell if I'm aroused [ 50 Answers ]

Been married for 24 years and to be honest although I've never had an orgasm from anymeans him or me, I honestly don't even know if I get aroused, I feel absolutely nothing at all, from anything that we try In the end we just get down to him coming and stuff and then that's it over and sleep,...

Wife not aroused [ 4 Answers ]

Even when I sleep naked with my wife - she is not aroused? She doesn't feel like having sex? She doesn't like being sucked on nipples, foreplay doenst arouse her... only when we fight or when I am away does she once feels a need to get physical. And she prefers to mastrubate me with hand and...

View more questions Search