Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Speech if you refer to post #7 I said what I read. But no one cares what I read because I am not a VP candidate. But if someone asked me I would have given an actual answers not everything all of them.
    Spit, I read that, but I asked in the context of the question (which only I pointed out NK), Which one should she give a plug to? Which one do YOU want her to say?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 10:19 AM
    How about my answer in post #6:
    "...as well as my staff provides me with a clipping service based on subjects of interest."
    That would have satisfied the viewers I'm sure. That's what high placed executives do.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 11:26 AM

I don't want her to "plug" anything. There is no specific publication name I wanted her to say.

The Answer of oh everything, all of them sounds like a grade school student who was supposed to do a book report and didn't. Then when the teacher asks the student what part of the book did you like the student answers all of it. That's what her answer sounded like to me.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 2, 2008, 01:55 PM

If the left weren't afraid of Gov Palin, all this stuff about the vp debate would be on page 10! Biden only has to be himself, gaffes and all, while it is demanded that Palin be an expert on all sorts of trivia, all foreign affairs, and read something acceptable to the left. If she said she reads ANYTHING from the conservative side, she would have been roundly criticized for THAT. Personally, I don't care what she reads. I am interested in what she THINKS and what she has DONE, and what I have seen so far, I LIKE.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    If the left weren't afraid of Gov Palin,
    Yes we are afraid of her and not for the reasons you assume. Many on the right are also afraid of her.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 3, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Yes we are afraid of her and not for the reasons you assume. Many on the right are also afraid of her.
    I think you are afraid on anyone who does not veer leftward. You like Obama and so you would like his judicial appointments. He has made it clear what he wants in SCOTUS judges, and that is those who view the Constitution as a "living document" meaning that they can change it at their whim. I DO NOT want those kind of judges, but rather those who carefully determine what was intended when the Constitution was written.
    It is on this basis that I will vote for McCain because I think he will appoint judges that I approve of.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I fear her... but not because she is on the right but because of her lack of experience. I don't believe she is stupid, in fact I find her quite charismatic. But her obvious lack of experience scares me. She is just one 72 year old sickly heartbeat away from being president. Also- I am a moderate.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2008, 11:17 AM
    I DO NOT want those kind of judges, but rather those who carefully determine what was intended when the Constitution was written. It is on this basis that I will vote for McCain because I think he will appoint judges that I approve of.
    Hello Gal:

Actually, you want YOUR judges to be "activist" too. You just want 'em to be active in your favor.

Cause, if we ruled by what the Constitution intended, marijahoochie would be legal, homosexuals would be able to marry, and Guantanamo Bay would be shut down. Those don't sound like things you'd like.

The ONLY candidate who would appoint the kinds of judges you SAY you want, is Ron Paul. The ones you'll GET with McCain, will continue the "activisim" of the present batch, like Scalia, Roberts, Thomas and Alito.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 11:27 AM

How religious she is what scare's me to death. To sit there and say abortion should be Illegal even in a case where a 15 year old girl is raped by her uncle and gets pregnant is absolutely insane.

How could you torture someone like that? It's bad enough that a 15 year old girl would have to mentally relive that everyday, but to make them relive it physically everyday for 9 months goes beyond torture in my opinion.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 12:37 PM
    How religious she is what scare's me to death. To sit there and say abortion should be Illegal even in a case where a 15 year old girl is raped by her uncle and gets pregnant is absolutely insane.

How could you torture someone like that? It's bad enough that a 15 year old girl would have to mentally relive that everyday, but to make them relive it physically everyday for 9 months goes beyond torture in my opinion.
    I'm sorry but I don't see how it's insane to believe the innocent child involved should not be killed. I admit I can't imagine the trauma of being raped and I'm sure no matter the choice it will be gut wrenching, but it isn't insane to choose life for the child.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 01:49 PM

I'm sorry but isn't the girl who gets raped innocent also? But lets outlaw abortion and all the girls who get pregnant because they were raped can go to some back alley abortion clinic and have an abortion and possible die in the process. So by making abortion Illegal you just took two lives instead one that isn't even a human being yet.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 02:18 PM
    I'm sorry but isn't the girl who gets raped innocent also? But lets outlaw abortion and all the girls who get pregnant because they were raped can go to some back alley abortion clinic and have an abortion and possible die in the process. So by making abortion Illegal you just took two lives instead one that isn't even a human being yet.
    Look Spit, I don't fall for all the dramatics, and I don't recall anywhere Palin has said she would outlaw abortion. She has said the issue should return to the states, but to imply she would outlaw abortion is a distortion.

I acknowledged the difficulty in making a decision either way, but not every situation is the same and not every woman holds the same perspective. Some, believe it or not, see no sense in having two victims of a rape and find a way to either consider the child a blessing to them or a blessing to someone else. Having an abortion also leads to the possibility of not only suffering the shame and trauma of being raped, but the shame and trauma of taking a child's life. There is nothing insane about a rape victim carrying a child to term. It may not be for everyone, maybe not even for most - but it's certainly not insane. And in the midst of all of it, the child has no choice at all.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2008, 03:42 PM
    What does Sarah Palin read?
    Hello spit:

A script!

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello spit:

A script!
    And she didn't even need her teleprompter. :D
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Do I sense left wing desperation here?
    It was Sarah who was desperate to come up with a name.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 3, 2008, 08:17 PM

Choice Arguments

Less than 1% of all abortions are due to rape or incest. Furthermore, since conception doesn’t occur immediately after intercourse, pregnancy can be prevented in nearly all rape cases by medical treatments including the morning after pill (MAP).

Spit - you were once a fetus - how would you feel if your mother "CHOSE" to abort you?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 08:30 PM
    spitvenom=since conception doesn't occur immediately after intercourse
    Not necessarily true, depending on what you mean by "immediately." The main benefit of MAPs is the prevention of implantation of the fertilized egg..
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2008, 04:20 AM

If my mom decided to abort me I wouldn't feel anything because I would be dead.
    Speech the woman should have a choice. Of course some will regret it and it is not an easy choice but it should still be a woman's choice.
    Ex that is the best line I have heard so far.
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2008, 05:20 AM
    If my mom decided to abort me i wouldn't feel anything because i would be dead.
    Speech the woman should have a choice. Of course some will regret it and it is not an easy choice but it should still be a womans choice.
    Ex that is the best line i have heard so far.
    And one of those choices is to have the baby, but you think that's insane.
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2008, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It was Sarah who was desperate to come up with a name.
    And that's why she's unqualified?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview [ 73 Answers ]

This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding...

Did McCain VP Palin Know? [ 4 Answers ]

I find it hard to believe that McCain VP Palin didn't know about her daughters pregnacny till after she was nominated as VP. Do you think she knew? Is the father being force to get married. Tell me what you think

Bristol Palin Pregnant Right Now [ 13 Answers ]

Bristol Palin pregnant -- right now - First Read - msnbc.com

View more questions Search