Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Angel:

To answer your question, no... you cannot sue for slander. Wait... I take that back... you can countersue for slander and libel, but chances are, you won't win... and you'll be out more money due to legal costs.

As far as your situation, sorry, that stinks, but as far as the question goes, it's more of a personal battle between the two of you, not a legal battle.

You want sympathy, go talk to a counselor or go to group therapy. You want an answer, I believe you got it.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Then I suggest you go to a lawyer, pay the hourly amount, and explain to them the situation. I have a feeling that they'll say the same thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slander , Libel and defamation of Character [ 2 Answers ]

How hard is it to prove that someone has defamed your character and is it something worth pursuing? They used the word allegedly in the newspaper, but the story was completely fabricated and untrue. Is it worth pursuing since people believed the story was true. Thank you

Sol for libel-defamation [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone. What is the statue of limitations for suing for libel and defamation of character? Thanks.

Slander & libel what can I do? [ 2 Answers ]

I own a restaurant that's been doing well the first 2 years, however I may have rubbed another preexisting restaurant that cater to the same specialties the wrong way. There are rumors that I'm using artificial creamers or dairies to thicken my broths. They are also saying that the only way our...

View more questions Search