Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    I wish my mom were around to tell me things......
    I will be a better mother than her!
    One of my things I tell my children is Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up! Of course you all know Allheart said it first but it is my fave.
    I also say because "I said so!" a lot!
    What a beauitful mum!:)
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Aug 31, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    I also say because "I said so!" a lot!
    Oh no! I hated when my mom said that to me, especially when I became a teenager.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Well, why ask why... do you think it will change the answer? That is something else I say. Sometimes I feel so mean but it is the truth!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 12:59 AM
    My mom passed last October and we lost our "fearless leader."

She raised eight of us; second marriage and she accepted all as her own.

She was always there and treated us with fairness, love and compassion. She always said that "children are a blessing from God and should be treated as such."

However she would use any "saying" she could to make her point;

"God will get you for that." "Oh GREAT do you want to put another nail in my coffin?"

"Don't worry, your ship will come in." "Don't make that face, God will freeze it like that."

"As long as your clothes are cleaned and pressed they don't have to be new, you should be thankful you have them."

There were a lot more that I can't think of presently, I know she got a lot of them from her mom but I suspect she read a lot of them and took notes so she could use them later.

We really miss our 98 pound mom who always set a good example; we all turned out well, were educated and have a fair balance of sanity.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 01:22 AM
    Stringer,
    Your Mom sounded like a wonderful person...
    Sorry for your loss.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Stringer, I am sorry for your families loss, she really does sound like a nice woman!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Thank you guys, we miss her terribly; Bless you Mom.
    Shanni4 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Sep 14, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeny
    Heres something my Mom told me when I was little and I giggle now when I think about it.
    When my Mom divorced my Father I asked her why, she said
    {BECAUSE HE DIDENT BRUSH HIS TEETH}
    I always made sure my mom seen me brushing!
    Hi Treeny Mine is kind of gross. My grandma used to say "sit with your legs closed because if God wanted everyone to see down there he would of put it right here" then she would point to her forehead
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Shanni4... I love it... what a good grandma...
    Shanni4 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Sep 14, 2007, 07:43 PM
    My cousins, sister and I would cringe when she said it to us. Now I laugh and say it to my daughter and watch her cringe.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Well, this wasn't my mom but a funny story about how a child's mind works...

When I was in 1st grade, my teacher (Mrs. Balmain) saw me scratching my head and was afraid I might have lice. So she sent me to the nurses office. The nurse whipped out 2 unsharpened pencils (the official scalp-scanning, lice-finding tool of school nurses everywhere) and began inspecting my head.

A few moments later, she pulled an unused staple from my hair, you know... looks kind of like this: |___|

And she said sarcastically, "Well, heres your lice (chuckle, chuckle)."

"Wow," I thought, as the sarcasticness of the school nurse flew right over my head, "Lice sure looks a lot like a staple."

And so on I went with that image of lice until the 6th grade when we studied Life Science and I saw a picture of ACTUAL lice.

I remember sitting there looking at that picture... remembering why I originally thought lice looked like a staple... playing the scene in the nurses office over in my head... and finally, in quiet humiliation, getting the sarcasm in "Well, heres your lice (chuckle, chuckle)."

Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 01:03 PM
    DrJizzle... that is too funny... LMAO!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    Well, this wasnt my mom but a funny story about how a childs mind works....

When I was in 1st grade, my teacher (Mrs. Balmain) saw me scratching my head and was afraid I might have lice. So she sent me to the nurses office. The nurse whipped out 2 unsharpened pencils (the official scalp-scanning, lice-finding tool of school nurses everywhere) and began inspecting my head.

A few moments later, she pulled an unused staple from my hair, ya know... looks kinda like this: |___|

and she said sarcastically, "Well, heres your lice (chuckle, chuckle)."

"Wow," I thought, as the sarcasticness of the school nurse flew right over my head, "Lice sure looks a lot like a staple."

And so on I went with that image of lice until the 6th grade when we studied Life Science and I saw a picture of ACTUAL lice.

I remember sitting there looking at that picture... remembering why I originally thought lice looked like a staple... playing the scene in the nurses office over in my head... and finally, in quiet humiliation, getting the sarcasm in "Well, heres your lice (chuckle, chuckle)."

That is so like a kid,
    To believe adults even when they are kidding.:D

How innocent we were then.:rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

Being told to get out. [ 4 Answers ]

My friend purchased a Townhouse and asked me to move in. I agreed and offered to pay monthly rent and have been since I've moved in over a year now. I receive my mail there, make my meals, wash my clothes and park my car. Being that we are friend no formal agreements were made or signed, just a...

Finally told ex its over [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, thanks for all the advice on my other posts, well it has been a few weeks, and I'm just writing to vent a little. Told my ex husband yesterday, that I willl not be a part of this anymore. ( just a refresher about other posts I left) He always comes back crying and saying he...

Told you its Friday! [ 5 Answers ]

I, the Penis, hereby request a raise in salary for the following Reasons: 1-------- I do physical labor. 2.------- I work at great depths. 3.------- I plunge head first into everything I do. 4.------- I do not get weekends or public holidays off.

I told you so! [ 3 Answers ]

YouTube - CNN/DOBBS: W FULFILLS HIS DAD'S DREAM OFA NEW WORLD ORDER

View more questions Search