Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Do you think it is possible that any person can be true to their religious beliefs while simultaneously being a big time politician in the US?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Depends on the religion I suppose. Certainly not if the polly is a member of a self proclaimed 'righteous' religion.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    Depends on the religion i suppose. Certainly not if the polly is a member of a self proclaimed 'righteous' religion.
    Just curious Skell, which religions would that be?
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 05:01 PM
    None in particular speechless. I just meant if the religion proclaims to be 'righteous', which most do, then it would be impossible for a politician in my opinion to be true to their beliefs.

If however the religion allowed / practiced lies, deceit and grubby smears against others then the politician would be fine. He / she would have no problems simultaneously being a politician and be true to that particular religion.

But I'm not sure if such a religion exists.

Don't fret, it wasn't a shot at religion speechless. More a shot at politicians.
    Toms777 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 1, 2007, 11:06 AM
    It's not forbidden to question and harass Mormons. Criticism doesn't have to be true. It has to be strong and constant.

Tom

*** edited, mention to another question and answer site and web site has been deleted. This poster claims to be the Toms777 from another question and answer site, and also form a specific web site** I verified the email address of a complaint on this poster and it came from the real Toms777. This poster would be OK with using this user name, there is no trademark on it, but claiming to be the other expert is not allowed, no fake identity.****
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Question, yes. Harass? That doesn't sound too Christ-like to me.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 10, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Seems to me, Tom, that YOU are the one acting cultish... constantly bash Mormons and Roman Catholics, at any cost, even if the criticism isn't true. That is what you said. That seems pretty extreme, narrow-minded and one-track-minded to me. In other words, cultish. I'm not one to defend ANY Christian sect. But you seem pretty hostile against certain religions to me. How do you feel about Jews?
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 10, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine
    How do you feel about Jews?

Interesting question. I'm waiting to read the reply.

Kol Yisrael,
    Bobby
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Sect leader facing rape trial to use faith as his defence - World - smh.com.au

Just so long as he isn't tied up with this guy somehow.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    Interesting question. I'm waiting to read the reply.

Kol Yisrael,
    Bobby
    Me, too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 08:17 PM
    First this is not appear to really be Toms777 ( of the one I know) and it is not the owner of the site that is listed. There was a complaint on this poster by the real Toms777, from his email address, which I confirmed though his web site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relevant Costing [ 1 Answers ]

What are the concepts of relavant costing and how it might apply to manufacturing company. Illustrate with examples.

Religion Relevant in 2007? [ 12 Answers ]

A topic of conversation in religious circles is whether any religion(Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, etc)meet the needs of people living in the TwentyFirst Century. Repetedly polls indicate that in America 86% of folks are Christian. Further along in the questioning, it shows that 41% of...

Relevant costing [ 1 Answers ]

SBL produces special containers. They believe that if they outsource them it would be much cheaper. An outsourcing company EPC is prepared to supply new containers (30,000) per annum for £1,150,000 per year. The contract will cover a term of 5 years. Irrespective of whether SBL outsource...

View more questions Search