Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Oh, I'm aware of it. It originated out of the spiritist religions. It's just one of those things that seems more weird the more you think about it. Burning a plant having spiritual effects.
    You never heard of incense?? Its used quite often in churches.
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_lady95 View Post
    i am scared and it could possibly hurt me
    If you describe your situation with a bit more detail you may receive a little more solid answers. What is happening in your situation ?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 25, 2011, 07:47 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    Heard of it... has no application in the New Testament church. Thanks though.
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 07:51 PM

-----------------------------------
    Heard of it...has no application in the New Testament church. Thanks though.

I guess the new testament church is the one without christ since at christs birth it was one of the gifts offered to him.
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Suposedly some people will practice burning sage as a way to go through a personal cleansing and also burning sage is done in order to cleanse a house or bless it.

That's just my opinion.
    Why Is Incense Used During Mass by Father William Saunders

Feb 25, 2011, 08:38 PM
    It was not burned for Him. The three gifts were important in pointing to different aspects of His future. The incense was noting His divinity... and magi that gave the gifts weren't necessarily godly people.

Feb 25, 2011, 08:41 PM
    Second paragraph in... "We do not know exactly when the use of incense was introduced into our Mass or other liturgical rites. At the time of the early Church, the Jews continued to use incense in their own Temple rituals, so it would be safe to conclude that the Christians would have adapted its usage for their own rituals."

The Jews along with modern Catholics are STEEPED in tradition. This is not necessary NOR is it taught in the New Testament. Just because some priest says to do something, does not mean it's authoritative.

Feb 25, 2011, 08:42 PM
    Ghost_lady, burn some sage. Let us know how it goes down.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 08:52 PM
    Ghost_lady, burn some sage. Let us know how it goes down.
    Listen... I'm done arguing about this. I don't want to get into religion. At least not on THIS thread. We are taking away from the OP, and that's unfair for her.

If anybody wants to discuss this regarding religion, then perhaps you/we should start a new thread.

All I said was for the OP to try burning sage. I didn't think that there would be so much tension between all of the members.

This is becoming quite redundant... if you know what I mean.

Feb 25, 2011, 09:26 PM
    Actually, Enigma, even though I disagreed with you, I WAS trying to stand up for you freedom to give whatever advice you see fit. I was trying to get things back to the OP with my last comment. It wasn't meant to be satirical. I was trying to bring things away from the "religion discussion" back to it's origin.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 09:34 PM
    Actually, Enigma, even though I disagreed with you, I WAS trying to stand up for you freedom to give whatever advice you see fit.
    I don't need you to defend me. I can hold my own.

This thread is becoming more and more like a religious discussion then about the OP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My house is haunted, can I know hw to get rid of the spirit [ 38 Answers ]

Hi, Mine is a joint family and we live in a duplex. The house which we live in is being haunted from many years.The spirit that dwells in my house marks its presence by noises, for example: sound of footsteps on the staircase, jingling of keys, banging on the window, knocking on door etc, all...

I don't want windows live how do I get rid of it showing up all the time [ 1 Answers ]

I just tried to go back to hotmail and it showed me windows live

To scared and don't know what to do :haunted [ 1 Answers ]

The past few days I think a ghost has been haunting me and just me. I don't know why but 2 time I have try to communicate to see what it wanted and the first time I awoke the next morning with the worst backpain I have ever had it put me out of school for a week and now just yesterday I couldent...

How can I get rid of the feeling of being haunted [ 2 Answers ]

OK I feel kind of stupid asking this but every house I've lived in weird things have happened. I grew up in plymouth mass I lived in the same house till I had my daughter in 06. There I saw a little girl sitting on my bed I was probably 10 I don't remember ever being scared of her but I remember...

My Dogs Keep Fighting & We Might Have to Get Rid Of Them! I don't want them gone! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 12 years old and my birthday is in 2 days. I have 4 crazy dogs. 2 big and 2 small. Well the big ones keep fighting and they both have bitten my mom. My Aussie was the first to bite her when she tried to break up the fight. Just recently, my German Shepherd bit her when she again broke up a...

View more questions Search