vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2010, 04:44 PM
    Comment on Cat1864's post
    Agree. Block her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 11:04 AM

Why are you even talking to her and going back to the confusion? What can you gain?

Don't answer, I already know, NOTHING but confusion, and distraction, and a longer healing process.
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Sep 16, 2010, 01:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Outoftime44 View Post
    What's she trying to bait me? She wants me back begging for her? She wants to use me?

She is so predictable
    Time to get off the merry go round with her.

Do you really want to let her stir your emotions up and waste even more time on her. This could be time spent on yourself.

You were not good enough two months ago then why are you OK now?

Because it suits her. Once she's got her fill of you... NEXT!!

You know this is not OK. So do something about it. :mad:
    Outoftime44 Posts: 151, Reputation: 5

Sep 16, 2010, 02:54 AM
    I know it's not OK. I was thrown away like trash.

Now she says she is depressed and lonely.

I feel bad for her :/ I've done so much growing up, and she is a wreck right now. I'm not a wreck anymore (thanks the people here greatly!)
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Sep 16, 2010, 03:30 AM
    You feel bad for her, that's OK. Its good to care, but don't act on it or use it as an excuse to maintain contact as what she does in her life is none of your business anymore.

She's a big girl. She made her owns decisions which gave the outcome she has now. All her choice. Let her live with it and don't waste anymore time feeling bad and letting it drag you down :(
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 06:39 AM
    Comment on kaka67's post
    Who cares what your ex says
    laydkrayze Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Sep 18, 2010, 03:26 PM
    It is a terrible situation when you love someone but can't be with them.
    But it happens all the time. Love does not mean compatibility and happiness.

It can mean you are drawn to someone who , when you are together,you cannot get along with each other.
    This is glaringly evident in your case.

Keep some dignity and self respect and DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH HER IN ANY FORM!

Move on and work on healing yourself.
    It's hard, it takes a long time, and you can't "switch off" love so it will be painful.

But it will get more confusing and painful if you keep trying to live the lie of, "we can make it work". Not in this case.
    And you know it deep down.

Stop hoping and start healing.
    It is hard , I know. But it will eventually fade as long as you stop rekindling it.
    This is sooooooo true!

Love does not = happiness!

Happiness comes from within.

My last relationhip was just drama, drama, drama!
    My ex burnt me with a ciggarette, whipped me with a towel and verbally abused me when he was drunk. He called me names like slut and whore and he used to go online chatting to girls and making me feel bad about being insecure about it! Would you believe it, after 2years of this behaviour (with the exception of some really good days and trips etc) i stayed with him! I loved him I said!

Love? Is this love worth it if It makes me feel so crap? Is this love worth it, if I don't have an identity of my own? Is this love worth all my heartache and tears?

you know what despite the abuse, addiction and drama... It was only after we were on a break and I got with someone else was when I realised I was not happy!

I had someone that loved me but the love was not healthy, in fact it was destructive. And it took me getting with someone else to begin to realise this.

Then it got to the point where my ex begged me back and I got back with him but more for pitty and it was clear that we were the same insecure people in the same destructive relationship so the cycle continued. For my sanity and for his I eneded our relationship.

I thought it would be really hard and it was at first but it got easier especially when you realise what you are worth and by not settling yourself.

Real love, the healthy kind is easy!

A good healthy Relationship should not be such hard work, not really. Obviously you need to put effort into it and compromise and stuff but if you are constantly arguing about things then there are underlying issues that need to be resolved.

And in my last relationship mine and my ex relationships issue could not have been resolved unless we separated, because the issues we had lied within us as individuals and having two people with issues in a relationship is just destruction!

Whilst you and this girl are not together you really need to use this time to get to know who you are and what you want in life.

Good Relationships are bonuses to our own individual happiness and should not be seen as a dependency or an obsession!

Would you believe that after dramatic relationship (arguing nearly every other day) I am now very happy in a pretty much drama free relationship with a guy (my baby's dad) that loves me the healthy way and we argue hardly ever. And when we do argue it's a disagreement and not full blown drama. We will disagree every so often (comon he is a guy and I am a woman) but if it ever got to the point where we become destructive then we will have to find out why and if we cannot resolve our issues then we'll have to move on.

I hope this helps you. Stay strong... and remember happiness comes from within. Rekindle time with your family, go out with your mates. Date yourself and a girl will come along when you least expect it cause you will be busy having fun and enjoying life!

Sep 21, 2010, 12:56 PM
    Comment on laydkrayze's post
    Thank you so much for sharing. I really appreciate it. That is very wise, and coming from exactly where I was. Thanks again. I am coming to the point where I feel I am being myself again, actually being better than the person I was.

Sep 29, 2010, 06:30 AM
    Well once again I made a mistake. Got sucked back into more confusion.

Really ugly stuff happened, really ugly things said. A repeat down the same path. She guilts me, blames me, I feel bad, then she also does the same to another ex boyfriend at the same time. I find out reading her chat, she finds out I read her chats. She tells me I am the only person she has ever loved and isn't ready to see me physically. But is also doing the same with the ex 2 years before me. Then trashing us both on the side to everyone else.

I was completely used. Contact went back into the spiral.

Then after a heated online altercation, it seems like it is over for good. Now.

Very traumatic once again.

Once again I was wrong, you all were right. In fact everyone in my life told me she is manipulating me and using me.

The only thing for sure now is that there is denial anymore, AND she is FOR SURE BORDERLINE PERSONALITY.

Absolute filth, I didn't believe it, honestly I still loved her through it all. Pathetic.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 06:49 AM
    Sometimes, it takes a couple getting knocked down a couple of times to learn to walk away and stay away. It sounds like you may have finally learned.

Are you going to try NC? I hope if you do, you stick with it.

Best wishes for getting your life back in order without the drama.

Sep 29, 2010, 07:30 AM
    Yes going no contact for sure. She just messed with my head so much more. We both said such mean things to each other. I feel terrible, absolutely terrible.

I said such mean stuff. She is such garbage, but like I loved her, this is really hard. I became a bad person once again. I sent her a link to this: *deleted*
    Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 09:03 AM

How many times can you run head first into a brick wall without busting your head? Let me know what you come up with.

Sep 29, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Apparently I am pretty persistently stupid. Not like I don't have family, friends, therapist, and you people telling me not to.

One friend - "drop her like a bad habbit"
    Another - "psycho *****"
    Another - "she is manipulating you"
    Another - "i told talk about trash"
    Etc etc etc

Yet I was in denial. When she tells me she needed the time off to recover from the things I did, it made me feel close to her.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 09:11 AM
    That's why sticking with NC is crucial.
    Keeps her from sucking you back in.

Sep 29, 2010, 09:25 AM
    I am a lapdog sock puppet to her.

Things started normal, but then it became seemingly manipulation and I started to get desperate/crazy again. As expected.

Then it turned really ugly and I let her have it, how she is using and controlling me, how she needs ego's to boost herself.

So she contacts me claiming to be "depressed and lonely" after not hearing from her for 2 months. I suspected she is trying to use/control me, but feel confident and go with it.

Against all advice from my family, friends, and people online I jump in. At first I don't care, but my head gets crazy dreaming of the clinger phase.

Get sucked in mentally more and more.

We start talking online, off and on, I am very nice with her issues.

I start to get sucked back in and feel pretty good and ask to hang out. Rejected.

I then get kind of desperate, but end contact after the rejection. I regret it the next morning and send a heartfelt email leveling with her. Big mistake, she says I am insulting her.

So we talk and I am levied with guilt for the time I lost my cool towards her the last time we hung out. She says "98% I am the best bf ever" and "2% she can't live with" and she is "only talking to me because I need to learn I can't speak to women like that" that "she is going through some very difficult times in her life (as always), and can't physically see me yet. Isn't ready. But I am the only person she has ever loved. She tells me I am only tearing her down to try and get back with her.

So then after this chat, in which I am given the brunt force of what was wrong, I send an email explaining things and standing my ground a bit. She doesn't reply, but we chat again and she says she appreciates the email but needs time to think it over.

The next day I realize I can't take this push and pull and say I am never going to contact her ever again and I can't have everything entirely on her terms. Again, the next morning I regret it.

She doesn't reply, blocks me, and then I look into her emails (have her password.) She trashes me in them, saying I am harassing her and she has no plans to hang out. She is also stringing along an ex boyfriend before me! Stringing both of us along! While trashing us on the side.

She could tell I checked her email and it ended up with telling me I am a monster and a horrible person and crazy and psycho, and me telling her she is pathetic that has to string along multiple guys to boost her own pathetic sense of self. That she has to use people because she has borderline personality disorder and she said she was just saying hi and I was the one that wanted to get back together. I said I never wanted to get back together with, that she was just playing me and I knew all along. She said that I enjoy bring people down for fun, and I said go back to so and so XXX for sympathy, you just used the abortion to guilt me, that you are so destructive everything you touch becomes a mess. She said I have no sense of respect and I said she is delusional and a pathetic waste of a year of my life. And I said that she enjoys hurting guys to boost her own ego, manipulates and preys on people and I fell for it again. And she said I am crazy and half the things I say don't make any sense. And I said it is pathetic that I cared about her.

Then she emails me threatening, and I say I am done don't worry I won't read your emails anymore.

I then send her a link to the article on this site about how a BPD relationship progresses. I then get more angry for being blasted and say mean things about how she trashes all her friends behind their back, and how I knew all along she tried to control me and use me.

Safe to say we won't be talking again. Sad to say I would still take her back, as foolish as it sounds.

I am an idiot. For being mean, for becoming engaged, for becoming attached again, for being used and knowing it.
    lifeistough75 Posts: 56, Reputation: 29

Sep 29, 2010, 09:43 AM

At this point, having followed your story not just on this board, but on other forums, I have to tell you, it is not her. It is YOU. You got big problems that you need to solve within yourself. Until then, stay away from dating, and relationships, otherwise you will create havoc in your life and other people's lives. She might be BPD, but internally, you have a lot of work to do. Seriously.

Sep 29, 2010, 09:53 AM
    Clearly I got messed up and made every mistake in the book, but how is it me?
    Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 12:58 PM

Because it was you who didn't handle yourself very well or wisely. She may bear some blame but you are responsible for your actions. Blaming others never works. Its just an excuse we give ourselves to justify why we screwed up.

Its you who couldn't leave her alone, and it doesn't matter what she did.

Now you can feel guilty, stupid or whatever you want, you are responsible for dealing with your own feelings and making good decisions for yourself, no one else.

It is your life isn't it? Then own it.

Sep 29, 2010, 01:03 PM
    I'm not blaming others. I was a complete idiot. For some reason I thought things would start working out. But then it became clear I was being used. Obviously it was a mistake to get back involved, a mistake to start daydreaming about things working out, I was in such denial. But I was being led to think things were working out, when really I was being played. I should never have let it have gotten to that point, but after feeling guilty and pity for her, I really began to feel she was a victim of my actions and of other circumstances.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 04:46 PM
    I agree with Tal. In fact was just going to say the same.

After this last episode, I started to wonder if you are really invested in healing.

In one breath, you comment on how much havok she wreaks, then say you would take her back in a second.

That's some deep seeded things you need to look at.

Start by envisioning the kind of person YOU want to be. How to build on your strengths & change the negatives.

Once you get there, then you can look at who to bring into your life.

Stop blaming yourself & her. That's not going to help.

Its time to close this chapter & start a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addictive toxic intense relationship - why is it so difficult to move on? [ 6 Answers ]

I was seeing this girl on and off and on and off for 3.5years. There were lows and highs but for most of the time she was insistent on living her life through me which made me feel very responsible for her and her happiness. WIthin weeks of meeting she gave up her job for me and wanted to come and...

Is Smoking ALWAYS Addictive? [ 6 Answers ]

I have not smoked since July. For the past 5 yrs, I have smoked only a 3-4 times per year. I find it very relaxing usually around July 4th holidays and again during winter holidays, when I go to wild parties where there is a lot of drinking. Also occasionally I have a smoke when I feel...

Nicotine is not addictive for me [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I have done half a can of grizzly smokeless tobacco. I noticed that I have none what so ever craving for tobacco. This tobacco is suppose to have the highest concentration of nicotine in the market. I noticed that when I have my dip in for 1 hour I get a little light headed and by that...

My Dad is so destructive [ 18 Answers ]

Hello everyone I'm new here. I'm looking for some peace... Here's my situation.. My father has always been a very toxic person as long as I've known him. He has a laundry list of people he hates, most of which are family. He belittles, constantly full of sarcasm, does things (he calls it helping)...

View more questions Search