Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 08:57 AM
    Don't blame me for the actions of others since I have never condoned those public outings. That's what you say when you get blamed for the right wing actions you haven't condoned.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

whose name and address just went public?
    Nahhh... It already WAS public.

I don't know what your problem is with the 1st Amendment. The newspaper had an absolute right to print what it did.

Oh, that's right you LOVE the 1st Amendment... Or you don't, I can't tell.

Excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

Nahhh... It already WAS public.

I dunno what your problem is with the 1st Amendment. The newspaper had an absolute right to print what it did.

Oh, that's right you LOVE the 1st Amendment... Or you don't, I can't tell.

excon
    Used to be you were for exercising your rights responsibly. That's OK, I expected you to keep defending this absolutely irresponsible thing to do. And that abused woman that thought she was safe, I'll tell her it's YOU waging the war on her.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 09:23 AM
    Now the Journal News has to hire armed guards... aint that poetic justice ? Any gangbanger in my neighborhood now knows who has guns in their house .
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2013, 10:13 AM
    Any gangbanger in my neighborhood now knows who has guns in their house .
    So is that the environment you live in, if you don't have a gun you live in fear of being robbed or killed?
    Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 10:15 AM
    LMAO, whileI can't go along with publishing some things in newspapers, newspapers have a right to publish stuff, be it true or NOT true, just as you have a right to bear arms so what's the problem?

Maybe you think your rights are better than anyone else's?
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    So is that the environment you live in, if you don't have a gun you live in fear of being robbed or killed?
    The police will show up to take the body count.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    LMAO, whileI can't go along with publishing some things in newspapers, newspapers have a right to publish stuff, be it true or NOT true, just as you have a right to bear arms so whats the problem?

Maybe you think your rights are better than anyone elses?
    I'm not questioning their right to publish .So long as they don't complain that their names and addresses are also published.

Of course the women who has a gun to protect against a former abusive spouse now has that information public . But why should you care about that ? Why does the same left complain when the name of a rapist is published when the rapists move into a neighborhood ?
    Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 10:30 AM
    A gang banger with computer skills doesn't need to read a newspaper. Nor do abusive exes. Evildoers are opportunity's just like capitalists and hunters.

Watched another zombie movie last night, and a shotgun ain't enough. Works good on burglars. But I would hate to have a principle show up at a campus fight with an assault weapon locked and loaded.

More cops and social workers, doctors, nurses, and less people going to gun shows in Texas, Florida, and Connecticut and buying more than on hunting rifle.

Sad when drugs and guns are the easiest things in America to get. Supply and demand though, true capitalism. MO' MONEY.

Should guns be easier than Sudafeds to get?
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 10:37 AM
    Putnam County disagrees .
    http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...ermit-database
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 10:40 AM
    I want the names and addresses of the guards the Journal News hired to protect their offices.
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2013, 10:43 AM
    the police will show up to take the body count.
    Jesus, what a violent sh!thole you live in - no offense.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 10:45 AM
    And I live in a safe neighborhood... The police showed up 27 bodies later in Connecticut .
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Good luck with your fight to have more guns everywhere. I'd rather just avoid all that. That's why many of us are foregoing vacationing in the US.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 10:59 AM
    Here is the comparative crime rates in 2003... Unless this trend reversed ,it looks like Canada is at least as violent a place to be as the US on a per-capita basis.

2003, the violent crime rate in the United States was 475 per 100,000 people; while up north, there were 963 violent crimes per 100,000 people. The figure for sexual assault in Canada per 100,000 people was more than double that of the United States: 74 as opposed to 32.1; and the assault rate in Canada was also more than twice that of the states: 746 to America's 295 for the people.

Sexual assault in Canada per 100,000 people was more than double that of the United States: 74 as opposed to 32.1; and the assault rate in Canada was more than twice that of the United States: 746 to America's 295.

http://www.saf.org/viewoe.asp?id=174
    Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 11:01 AM
    I want the names and addresses of the guards the Journal News hired to protect their offices.

RGA Investigations & Security

Just call and ask.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Good luck with your fight to have more guns everywhere. I'd rather just avoid all that. That's why many of us are foregoing vacationing in the US.
    I'd just as soon you stayed home.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

RGA Investigations & Security

Just call and ask.
    No ,I want them published . I could've looked up the gun registry for an individual without the Journal News help. In this case they published everyone and an interactive map where they lived.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 11:26 AM
    I got a better idea. Since the Journal News thinks that gun free zones makes us safe .They should lead by example and declare their office areas gun free zones and get rid of the armed security .
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 11:51 AM
    Or they can go staff the prisons where guards are being told by inmates they know where they live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gun Control... it didn't take long [ 1292 Answers ]

I won't go into hysterics that Obama is going to take away our guns. Just one question. If the US backs a UN Treaty to restrict small arms ,what is the law of the land ? The treaty ,or the Constitution of the land... specifically the 2nd Amendment ? After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N....

Gun control. My thoughts. Just shoot me now. This thread won't end well. [ 332 Answers ]

Okay, I do have thoughts on gun control, and I promised to start a thread where we could discuss guns, and peoples thoughts on guns. But I didn't start the thread about the Connecticut massacre to discuss gun control. That was about the families and their loss. So, to keep that Connecticut...

Gun control by fiat? [ 17 Answers ]

Who needs a congress? King Obama is reportedly working on gun control "under the radar" by way of executive order or regulatory means. WaPo did a story on White House gun control czar Steve Crowley which had this little tidbit that just almost escaped notice. I'm sure that is "under the...

Gun Control [ 29 Answers ]

Hello: The killer we've been talking about was subdued AFTER he emptied his magazine and before he could insert another. He was using 30 round clips. THOSE clips were illegal under the Assault Weapons Ban that EXPIRED under Bush and was not reinstated. If it HAD been reinstated, the killer...

Gun control and socialized medicine in Europe [ 1 Answers ]

Are any countries in Europe that do not have either gun control laws or socialized medicine? I know they're very "europe-y" things to do, but I don't know if the EU requires them, or if a bunch of countries just decided to institute them. (I know the exact polices vary a bit, so I'm guessing it's...

View more questions Search