Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kate1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Second cousin marriage?
    Hello,

I was wondering if it is legal to marry your second cousin? It would be very useful if someone could settle this question - 20 bucks is riding on it!

Thanks,
    Kate
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 12:54 PM
    I grew up in KY and always heard it was legal as long as they were not first cousins. Not sure how true this is though.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 12:58 PM
    State Laws Regarding Marriages Between First Cousins Here's something I found, it may be helpful.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Nothing says loving like marrying your cousin!
    billy109 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 12:47 PM
    I am 100% certain that it is, in fact, legal to marry your second cousin, but not your first. It is weird, I know, but that is what makes it so interesting. Yup, definitely true that, I repeat, you CANNOT marry your second cousin, but you CAN marry your first. I am a marriage lawyer, so there is no way that I am wrong. I hope this helps answer your question.
    Whoever disagrees with me is a moron.
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Mar 10, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Depends on where you are from check with your local law offices
    Tough Year Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 11:58 PM
    This site lists the states that allow various degrees of cousin marriages
    Cousin Couples - Support for kissing cousins
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Mar 26, 2008, 07:26 AM
    As far as I know it's legal and you can even marry your first cousin in NY.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do about my marriage [ 13 Answers ]

Please help me!! My husband I started fighting about one month ago.. another argument about how he treats my daughter (no patience). This continued with me giving him the silent treatment (usually lasts about a week) I know that's immature but I always hope he will see how mad it makes me. Instead...

Complications with my marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I need help! Well to start things off, I'm in the Marine Corps and I was stationed in Okinawa Japan for the past 2 years, and I've been married for 8 months, and I'm 21 years of age. I was dating a very nice, beautiful, christian girl before I went over there. When I got there, I...

My parents say marriage not now! [ 10 Answers ]

It's high time I start rethinking my efforts to get marry.My parents told me I still need time and money to do so.But I have friends who are already enjoying their kids and wife now.If I don't get married too soon I guess having a baby will be the only solution so that my parents will have no...

Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend had just been refused entry into the UK from Trinidad. The Immigration are not staified about her intension because she had her CV, College cert. with her. We have been dating for over a year. Can She appeal against the decision? Also what are the legal requirements to get married in...

Intercultural marriage [ 2 Answers ]

I married an Indonesian man in May 2002Someone please tell me something about Indonesian men and how they approach marriage. After only 7 months, I am ready to file for divorce.He came into my home and immediately started throwing things out.Things I have had for over 20 yrs.He checks on my phone...

View more questions Search