Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azanerd Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2008, 04:22 PM
    They don't let people co-sign anymore?
    I asked a family member to co-sign for me to get a loan from the bank, at first they said they might do it for me, but the second time I asked, they told me that they don't let people co-sign any more. Is this true or was this person just avoiding signing for me?
    Lil_angel6600 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2008, 04:34 PM
    I have never heard of anyone not allowing you to have a cosigner. I have had a cosigner and had no issues with it. It could be because it's a bank loan but I am not real sure about that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Sounds like they don't want to do it, only the lender you want to use will know if they will allow it or not, every lender I know still does.

But again I don't blame them, since if you don't pay, they will have to.
    And that is why the lender wants a co-signer.
    azanerd Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2008, 05:31 PM
    I do blame them, because it's my parent and they know I need the money for a medical procedure and they also know I have the income and nearly a thousand dollars of emergency money saved up to pay the loan off.
    Skitteroo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 06:33 AM
    I live in Canada but a few years ago I tried to "co-sign" for my son for an auto accident payout and our bank did say, they do not do co-sign loans. It was about a $3000 amount. I'm not sure why, but maybe for larger amounts.. I ended up getting a line of credit (in my name).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I am so confused [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend left me almost a month ago, and I have been giving her space. Haven't called, text, or msged her in that month. Then one day she called me at first but I missed her call so I called her back and she said she called me by accident so I said oh OK, and then we hung up like nothing ever...

I don't know what to do anymore. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok Im with this guy that I have been with for 1year and 8months then we broke up and I started seeing another guy, which I thought everything was going great, then I got pregnant and he left, kicked me out of his house and everything. Then I had no one there for me and my ex-boyfriend came back...

Sign on Bonus Taxrepay & deducting yearly bonus from my sign on [ 1 Answers ]

I got a $5,000 sign on bonus & left the company under 1 year. They held back my $3,033 yearly bonus to deduct it from what I owed them in sign on. BUT they took taxes out of the $3033 bonus before deducting it from what I need to pay back. So they are subtracting $1817 from $5,000, saying I...

Sign Industry Wind Load Charts, Sign Section Modulus Charts [ 0 Answers ]

Recently I've been designing commercial electrical signs. Signs of the type that are on tall poles, or the big pylons and monuments you see in shopping centers, roadsides, etc. lit by neon and/or fluorescent lighting. In order to properly choose the size of poles, and the depth and diameters of...

View more questions Search