Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unsuresel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 09:37 AM
    I want to love him, he's so right for me but why doesn't it feel that way?
    I have been in a relationship with a great guy for a year now but we recently broke up and I feel terrible. I want to love him and I know that he is perfect for me, and at times I feel as though I made a big mistake and I will never find anybody like him, but there is always this little niggling thing inside me holding me back. I seem to feel numb towards him. Many people I have spoken to think it may be because a month ago, he distanced himself from me to 'find out his own feelings', at that point I was fighting for him so hard and it seems to have paid off. Is this feeling a delayed reaction to what happened a month ago, is it something more? We have shared so much together and I really don't want to loose him as a friend. I'm on the fence, when will my feelings return? This is a long distance relationship and we spend most of our time on the phone I don't get to see him often, and lately I am not really missing him, but still would like to see him. Weird huh! Everyone I speak to family and friends say that we are so right for each other, I have met his family and he has met mine. I don't want to settle and don't want to wake up in 10 years time saying to myself 'ii knew this was wrong' What can I do? Currently he has given me time to think about my feelings and come back to him once I'm sure.

Please help
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 04:19 PM
    You sound like your more in love, with the idea of being with him, than really having feelings for him. After all that getting him back, and your still not sure, then don't try convincing yourself now. Sorry, but best to leave it as it is, and get over it, as it will take time, but you'll be better off in the long run.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Mar 8, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Throughout my life I've come to realize that there will be people you want to love because they fit all of the criteria for what you want in somebody. Your entire self loves them except your heart. Then there are others whom your entire heart loves but they don't seem to feel the same.

Its tough because I agree with the previous post. I think you see somebody who should be a good fit but when you have to convince yourself he is, that should be a sign. You should be proud of yourself for listening to that voice and thinking this through like you are doing now. You do sound like your are in love with the idea of being in love rather than the man.

I have met some wonderful men and a couple of those men loved me, without any doubts, very good men. However, as wonderful as they were I couldn't get my heart to feel the same, and oh how I tried. But I couldn't make my heart get on the same page as my head.

Continue to think this through as you are doing because I think its great that you are paying attention to your gut. Most people don't and instead do what's most logical or fitting at the time. Unfortunately, those relationship usually end with a break and a couple of broken hearts. Save yourself and this young man a possible future of pain and stop trying to convince yourself that you love him. I think if you did you wouldn't be on the fence. There will be other perfect men that are perfect fits for you, both for the head and the heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I feel I can not love another [ 5 Answers ]

I feel emotionally numb at the moment and psychologically I believe I have put up a barrier so I wouldn't get emotionally hurt anymore but I have found someone who I want to have strong feelings for and I have felt some sorts of feelings for him but it either comes in different ways or I don't feel...

What does love feel like? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm 13 years old And I believe I may be in love all though I'm not going out with the guy we are just really goood friends and we flirt so much for instence we hug at least 4 times a day he plays footsie with me in class and one time he was playing with my hair ! So please tell me how...

I feel I am in love with one man, but it can't happen! What should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

One man is very nice, he is really a responsible man! Be kind, patient to everyone, responsible for his job! Everyone likes him! I feel I like to see him every day, he is not good looking, but tall, very man! It seems he is my style! I do not know! Actually, we have little talk except something...

Why do I feel I still love my ex and somehow want her [ 1 Answers ]

The Girlfriend Of 9 Yrs Lied And Deceived Me But I Can't Get Over Her Obviously She's Over Me We Promised Never To Cheat On Each Other That's The Real Killer Kick Cause I Will Never Trust Her Again How Can I Trust Any One Spose If They Had Same Done To Them!

I want to feel my love again.How? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I really need help here. You see, me and my ex have been together for 1year and 2 month. We loved each other very much, he was everything for me. We were braking up twise. Once he broke up with me, but in two weeks came back. I still loved him very much but there were problems a lot, and he...

View more questions Search