Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mill21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 05:59 AM
    could i be pregnant and still have period like pains
    my last period was on 2nd November and lasted 5 days I have not had my next period which was meant to be about 1st dec I have a little abdomenal pain but nothing much could I be pregnant and still have period like pains but no period ? If u could answer me that would be great .x:)
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Dec 20, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Yes if you are pregnant then you would have a few little pains in the same sort of area as the uterus will be starting to enlarge ready for the baby
    The only way to know for sure is to do a hpt good luck!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 07:34 AM
    If you are late on your period, take a HPT with FIRST morning urine.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Dec 20, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Yes I had and still have period like cramps and I'm now 17 weeks pregnant and I ahd them since the first day of my last period and the baby is still doing good so good luck and since you are late take a test to be sure and keep us updated
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Dec 20, 2007, 10:43 AM
    When I first found out I was pregnant I had period like pains. In fact I thought my period was about to start any second. Even after I took a hpt and it read positive I still thought I was about to start my period because the pains were so similar to the pains I got when I was about to start my period.
    everlastingillusion Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2007, 10:06 AM
    I had the same experience as some of these other women when I got pregnant with my daughter. I just knew the pregnancy test was wrong because I felt SO strongly that I was going to start my period any minute! For me it went away after a couple of weeks. Apparently my mother had the same thing when she was pregnant with me too.
    mill21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by everlastingillusion
    I had the same experience as some of these other women when I got pregnant with my daughter. I just knew the pregnancy test was wrong because I felt SO strongly that I was going to start my period any minute! For me it went away after a couple of weeks. Apparently my mother had the same thing when she was pregnant with me too.
    Thanks very much for the reply xx :)
    keela_z Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 02:06 AM
    When I first got pregnant, I was having period pains, and I thought I was going to start it.
    But I went to the doctors, cause I was a week late, and he told me I was pregnant. Then after that, I still got pains in my lower left side, but the doctor said that the muscles that hold up your uterus was stretching, and that causes period-like pains. So that might be what your feeling. Just go to the doctor, or get a pregnancy test

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful period pains. [ 12 Answers ]

:( help me.. when I have my, periods either (mostly) for the first few days on and off I feel like il be sick though I've only been sik once, either too warm or too cold, I cnt eat and if I do it won't settle in my stomach even painkillers won't! Please help me Thank you

Serious period pains on the first day of menstration [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I am 29 years of age, and very curious to find out as to why I have been for the past two years, going through serious period pains and heavy flow with scary looking blood clots on the first day of menstruation; then only to have less or no flow on the other three days of my cycle:(...

Pregnant or period? [ 9 Answers ]

My period was 3 days late and they're usually always on time. Today, I started bleeding but it was light at first with a thick discharge but now it is darker. What should I do?

Period Like Pains In Early Pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone had period like pains in the early stages of pregnancy? They are not really really bad but I can feel them like I know they are there. I'm 6 weeks tomorrow.

I'm pregnant and today I woke up with Pains! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok Im pregnant I just found out december 8th 2006...Im 18 years old and my first check up is on jan 4th thats what the doctor told me to go in on! and well today around 6 am I got these weird feelings in my stomach..so I went to go use the restroom! well I went to go wipe and there was like a light...

View more questions Search