Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Freezing cats.
    As you all know there are many feral cats and also people that think cats can survive the winter outside with no shelter.
    It would be nice if people could provide a plastic box/tote covered with a hole cut out and placed by a garage or side of the house, include straw or something warm to sleep on.
    Also a reminder blow your horn before you start your car, many cats will get up close to the engine to sleep because it is warmer, this will help to awaken them.
    I also try to put out food and water the last thing at night.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 08:24 PM
    You are absolutely correct. Thank you for this thread.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Dec 7, 2007, 08:35 PM
    As heartless as this may sound I won't put food out for the stray cats anymore. I had any where from 1 to 4 cats at any given time at my old place that I would feed. There was two when I left, the old cat I knew would be OK and I could never trap it anyway. The other was still a kitten and I knew when I left it would go next door to look for food which the neighbor would shoot as he had done before to other strays. I was unable to trap the kitten and felt so bad having to leave it there to end up shot. When I got to my new house the people who lived here before must have feed the strays because there was 3 cats that was always hanging around. I would not feed them and ask my husband who started feeding them to stop. Long story short I ended up with 8 strays at my door step till I decided they had to go. When animal control trapped and picked them up I told the woman over and over that the one kitten was not feral and she insured me if it wasn't feral they would not put it down. I felt so bad about the kitten that I begged my husband to let me get it back from the pound. When I called two days later they told me it was put down the day before because it was feral. At one point animal control was in this neighborhood almost everyday trapping strays till there was no more in site. Now today it's almost as bad it was before. I have a soft heart for cats and once I start feeding them they don't go away, then they have kittens that have kittens and the out come is always the same…death and my broken, guilt ridden heart.

People if you can't afford or not responsible enough to have your pets spayed or neutered, keep them in the house or just don't have a pet at all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Freezing! [ 6 Answers ]

It seems pretty much normal that most women are colder than men, but this is just bad. I am constantly shivering in my own house, while my husband is sweating. I wear sweat shirts and pants ALL the time! My teeth chatter at work... and I wear a jacket in the office! I have been told I need more...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

AC freezing up. [ 5 Answers ]

Installed it all and charged it on Sunday. Coil is 2" above furnace, called a guy to braze pipes and check pressure. Said all was fine and good. Air was good and cold but it was clear some ductwork needed to be done so I am planning that, but I got plenty of return air and now I also got an inch...

Freezing of my account [ 1 Answers ]

I have an account with Desert schools credit union and Bank of America has frozen my account due to checks that original payor saying they did not authorize those checks. Can BoA do this legally?

Freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My computer freezes when I am trying to watch Internet TV or stream video. Does anybody knows what is the problem? Tx

View more questions Search