Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hopeless0403 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Income statements
    I am doing a computer project and I have gotten great answers when it came to the trial balance, really helped to see what I was doing wrong, now I have to make an income statement, retained earnings, and classfied balance sheet, I have tried to set up each of them, but only started on the figuring for the income statement and can't seem to get my figures to match. The match figure is Net Income: 52,934 and New Check figure for Trial Balance: 1,217,316. I can't see if I am leaving out an account or if I am calculating the imcome tax expense wrong. The income tax expense is based on 30% of income before taxes. So I multipied .30*income before taxes. Someone help! Anything would be great a good example, tell me what I am doing wrong.

Attached is what I have done.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls burford.laura.computer2.xls (187.0 KB, 167 views)
    student 101 Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeless0403
    I am doing a computer project and I have gotten great answers when it came to the trial balance, really helped to see what I was doing wrong, now i have to make an income statement, retained earnings, and classfied balance sheet, I have tried to set up each of them, but only started on the figuring for the income statement and can't seem to get my figures to match. The match figure is Net Income: 52,934 and New Check figure for Trial Balance: 1,217,316. I can't see if I am leaving out an account or if I am calculating the imcome tax expense wrong. The income tax expense is based on 30% of income before taxes. So I multipied .30*income before taxes. Someone help! anything would be great a good example, tell me what i am doing wrong.

Attached is what i have done.
    OK your adding the last 5120 and you have to subtreacted other than that I can't see any error.. if isaw the whole problem I coild hgelp you but you only give numbers
    qcmar24 Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Nov 27, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeless0403
    I am doing a computer project and I have gotten great answers when it came to the trial balance, really helped to see what I was doing wrong, now i have to make an income statement, retained earnings, and classfied balance sheet, I have tried to set up each of them, but only started on the figuring for the income statement and can't seem to get my figures to match. The match figure is Net Income: 52,934 and New Check figure for Trial Balance: 1,217,316. I can't see if I am leaving out an account or if I am calculating the imcome tax expense wrong. The income tax expense is based on 30% of income before taxes. So I multipied .30*income before taxes. Someone help! anything would be great a good example, tell me what i am doing wrong.

Attached is what i have done.
    I have made the necessary changes in your attacment.
    Attached Files
  3. File Type: xls burford.laura.computer20.xls (191.5 KB, 163 views)

Nov 27, 2007, 06:12 PM
    OK she is asking for the income stament noit the adjusted balnce she knows that already
    qcmar24 Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Nov 27, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by student 101
    ok she is asking for the income stament noit the adjusted balnce she knows that already
    OK student101 if you had read any of her previous posting you would know that she knows the balances for all the trial balances and the financial statements. And even in this post she is already saying the balance for the trial balance and the income statement.

Nov 27, 2007, 06:24 PM
    No she is saying she needs the income stament which the figures she has are wrong her other post was already solve by herself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Classified income statements [ 1 Answers ]

Under GAAP, why are companies required to provide classified income statements

Preparing common size income statements [ 1 Answers ]

How do you prepare common size income statements?

Income Statements [ 3 Answers ]

Does this one make sense to anyone? The Sally Corporation's income statement is given below. Sally Corporation Sales…………………………………$250,000 Cost of Goods Sold………………….. 145,000 Gross Profit……………………………105,000 Fixed Charges (other than interest)…… 25,000 Income before interest and...

Balance sheets & Income Statements [ 2 Answers ]

I recently was asked to take a test for an interview on Balance sheets or Income Statement credit or debit. Please give me some examples for Balance Sheet and Income Statements being a credit or debit.

View more questions Search