Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saraaah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 11:41 AM
    two different conception dates. I'm confused.

I have a son who is three months old now and I am extremely blessed. :cool:
    but I have had one thing weighing on my heart.
    I was dating this guy for about two weeks in November of 2006.
    we broke up around the 16th or 17th.
    I started my period the 19th.
    and I got a pregnancy test at a doctor's office probably about a week or week and a half right after my period and it came back negative.
    me and my ex boyfriend of two years started getting lovey dovey again on the 5th of December.
    I found out I was pregnant the 23rd of that month.
    he and I went to a free clinic in February and they said I was due August the 28th and I conceived the 3rd of December. ( I know conception dates can be off as much as a week or so )
    I went to the hospital in March to get an ultrasound and whatnot and they gave me the conception date of November the 20th yet the same due date.
    at that time, I was in my second trimester and I have researched that ultrasounds can be off by two weeks in your second trimester. (plus my son was in the 90th percentile for weight in unborn babies which could throw off conception dates because they determine that by the size of abdominal circumference and the size of the head and everything)
    I have researched a LOT about this. From the moment I found out he might not be my ex boyfriends to now.
    I have done conception date calculators and everything and they always come out the same. December 3rd to the 5th is when I conceived.
    I know I can't rely on those completely.
    he kind of looks like my ex boyfriend. He's got blond hair (we don't have blond hair anywhere in my family and I'm pretty sure that there isn't blond hair in the other guys family)
    he's got his bridge and his eyes.
    I could be wrong...
    I just need help. What is the probability of him being my ex boyfriends?
    could the hospital be wrong or what are the chances of it being wrong?
    I'm just so confused and... it really is weighing on me so much.
    at this moment I can't afford paternity tests so this is the best I can get. Just advice.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Get a paternity test. Trying to figure paternity from an estimate of conception is not accurate.
    nikki help Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    She just said she couldn't afford it...
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Nov 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
    This is just my opinion I'm no expert but if you got your period on the 19th of November then you had to have conceived after that and if you had stopped dating the two week guy by then I don't think its his. I think its your ex boyfriend's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First dates [ 13 Answers ]

Hey, During my freshmen of high school I saw this girl. She was really beautiful,:) but I could never actually tell her. So now I'm a sophomore. Finally I told her how I felt. Now we talk every now and then. She knows that I that I don't have a girl yet. I've really been connecting with her,but...

Dates, [ 2 Answers ]

If you have sex with 2 different people in the same week and became pregnant, obviously you couldn't be 100% sure as to what date you conceived. How many days or weeks or months can you be sure? Would 2 months be long enough?

Confused about dates [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I am way confused, I have just found out I am pregnant with my first child. The first day of my last period was on 18th June 2007. So I would have been due back on the 15th July which never came. Went to the doctors who said I am in the 4th week of pregnancy and conceived about the 16th July. ...

Are these the right dates? [ 3 Answers ]

My partner and I have been trying for a baby for nearly seven months still with no luck.just recently we finally got the hang of working out my ovulation dates... hooray about time :) . My ovulation date for this month was July 20th if worked out right my last period was July 4th and there are 30...

Due Date.and Conception. I'm Confused! [ 1 Answers ]

November my period ended on the 7th. December my period also ended on the 7th and most of the time starts on the 4th. My period has been pretty regular for about 2 years on the same dates all the time. Once January came around I hadn’t had my period by the 9th so I took an EPT, it came out...

View more questions Search