Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LTD Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Honda Civic Radio Loses Power
    My Honda Civic '96 while in drive will momentarily lose power to the radio. I ill feel the loss of power to the engine also. Is it the timing or possibly a faulty connection?
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Nov 14, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Pick upone of those cheap power meters with colored LEDs that you stick in the cig lighter and monitor voltage, your alternator may be going south.
    juan_p__m Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 03:50 AM
    I have the same car, it happens to me when it rains, the alternator belt starts slipping

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Civic, brake pedal makes radio go off. [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's 95 Civic, 225,000 miles, has pretty significant oil leak but runs great. Today she came home and said that each time she steps on the brake the radio goes off and the speedometer goes nuts, indicator swinging wildly on it. What on earth? :eek: I haven't checked fuses yet but would...

1990 Honda Accord loses power from start, sometimes stalls [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I just finished replacing the head gasket on my 1990 accord. After setting the timing (to the red mark on the flywheel) according to the procedures in the service manual I took it for a drive. It seems to run great, except for every now and then it will suddenly lose power, usually when...

94 honda civic only has 4 volts at radio connection [ 1 Answers ]

I only measure 4 volts at the radio power terminals. I have checked all fuses and they are good. My question is it possible the ignition switch is faulty or is there a remote relay between the ignition switch and the radio terminals?

92 Honda Civic Dash Lts/Radio/Lighter Out [ 1 Answers ]

Just stumbled across this site today and already I've learned a lot. Like I'll probably need to keep coming back here. Just bought the Civic the other day. Radio didn't work, but I figured I'd just replace it. Didn't notice the dash lights because the test drive was in daylight. But all those...

View more questions Search