Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poco Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Hair loss
    Wonder if anyone can help,I have naturally brown hair,very fine so was having blonde highlights to thicken the hair shaft for the past few years.
    But a few monthes ago wanted my natural hair colour back so my hairdresser dyed it quite dark and have had it dyed a few times since... my problem is however that I have lost a lot of hair so much so that my shower became blocked and a plummer had to be called... the amount of hair in the pipes was amazing... my hair has becom every fine once again .will I continue to loose my hair its quite scary?? :( :eek:
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 06:52 AM
    You should not dye it anymore, dye does damage the hair follicle and since that seems to be your problem causing your hair loss, I would guess that once the dye is gone your hair will stop falling out. You may want to call a doctor though to rule out anything else that may be causing it.
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Nov 6, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by poco
    wonder if anyone can help,i have naturally brown hair,very fine so was having blonde highlights to thicken the hair shaft for the past few years.
    but a few monthes ago wanted my natural hair colour back so my hairdresser dyed it quite dark and have had it dyed a few times since...my problem is however that i have lost alot of hair so much so that my shower became blocked and a plummer had to be called...the amount of hair in the pipes was amazing....my hair has becom every fine once again .will i continue to loose my hair its quite scary ???? :( :eek:
    I would stop colouring my hair immediately. Have a blood test done to see if there is any medical condition causing it. Good luck.
    poco Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Thanks... it seems to be OK now anyway not lost any for a while think it was just over coloured hair. Tnks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Most all women I know that dye their hair are losing it bad. They have spots where you can see their scalp more than hair.
    Try taking
    Vitamin B-complex - 50 mg. of the major B-vitamins (including folate, biotin and inositol)
    Vitamin B-6 - 50 mg. and B5 Pantothenic acid

Vitamin C with bioflavonoids - one to two grams daily Vitamin E - 400 to 800 IU daily

Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily

One recommended daily dose of magnesium, zinc

Flaxseed oil - one tbsp daily or one tablet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does hair dye cause hair loss? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I just wonder if hair dye causes a hair loss. My wife dyed her hair tow months ago and over the last three weeks she is having a hair loss. She went to see a doctor and all the blood test were fine. She was given some tablets and a shampoo to use a twice a week to wash her hair. Could anyone...

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

Hair loss [ 1 Answers ]

Do bald spots ever grow back?

Changes in Hair texture, with Hair loss [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, For the past 3 months I have been experiencing diffused hair loss. Along with that my hair has completely changed texture all over my scalp. (on the sides/back/top) I had blood work done and everything came back normal. Does anyone know what might have caused this... its so scary because...

Hair loss [ 4 Answers ]

Help I'm a 49 year old woman going through menopause and losing my thick beautiful hair I've tried all the vitamins, maybe a $1,800 in top of the range shampoo treatments etc. I'm going out of my mind with despair, everything in blood test is normal, help what can I do. I'm 53kg, exercise five days...

View more questions Search