Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msmac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Pregnant and abandoned
    I am pregnant with twins and the father whom I was about to marry decided that he would become abusive towards me and I left the violent situation. The father is now stating that the children are not his. Are there any rights to sue him civil other than child support when the twins are born. This has put me in a bad situation due to not being able to work at this time being under the doctors care.:mad:
    maryJane159 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Im sorry for all this that has happened, Please try to stay strong for you and your children, this is suppose to be a happy time in your life. Ill keep you in my prayers. And Congrats!
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Nov 1, 2007, 11:41 AM
    On what grounds do you want to sue him? Are you talking about unpaid bills or back rent and such? Or something like 'pain and suffering'?
    K_2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 5

Nov 1, 2007, 01:10 PM
    I had a friend who could not work during her pregnancy. She was pregnant with twins as well. She was high risk and could have lost the babies if she had worked. The father walked out because life was "too stressful". When they went to court after the babies were born, he was ordered child support and the judge stated the order was retro-active to the month that she had to stop working. I don't know that this is a law anywhere, only what one judge ordered. Each judge is different. I would call and get a free consult with an attorney. His abuse added stress to your already stresssed situation. I can't think of what the legal term for that would be, something like "unnecessary emotional stress" or something. You could use that, I'd think. But I don't know for sure.

If it was physical abuse and you were pregnant, he could be charged with endangering the welfare of a child, along with assault against you. I know that isn't civil, it's criminal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandoned homes [ 4 Answers ]

I live in the Seattle are and see many old, abandoned homes. Does anyone know how I can find out about those homes and how to possibly purchase them?

Abandoned Homes [ 3 Answers ]

I have been watching a home in Gardena, California. It has been abandoned for about 10 years. I called the tax assessor's office and they gave me the name of the owner. So I have that which is a good start. I called the city of Gardena to see if they owned the property and they said no. They...

Help! Abandoned Kittens! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, I'm in need of some deseperate help. I came home from college today to find that two 2 week old kittens had been abandoned in my loft! I need some advice! I have mammalac for them and they will take it froma syringe reluctantly, but I need all the info on little two week old kittens I...

View more questions Search