Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Masiella Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Backflow valve question
    I live in Queens in an area where basements flood when there is heavy rain. Homeowners have complained to the City but I understand that the cost to the City would be phenominal and so nothing is done by the City to correct the problem. I had pvc pipes installed in the basement and a pump but this has not helped because I was told that the water is coming from the sewer. Someone told me recently that a backflow valve could be installed by a licensed plumber that could solve the problem. Are there any plumbers out there familiar with this situation who know whether this is true? Do you think installing a backflow valve could correct the problem?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 30, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Installing a backflow preventer valve will protect your system if the city main backs up. To learn more about them and to see a video click on;Sewer Backflow Preventer Valve - Sewer Backwater Valves - Peterson Sewer Valve
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backflow Prevention [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a device that I can install under my Kitchen sink that would prevent water from backing up into the sink? I live in a Condo that shares a Kitchen drain line with 5 other units and it occasionally gets clogged and needs to be roto-rootered. My problem is I live on the ground level so I get...

Suds Backflow into Washer? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible that suds or drainage water from another condo unit could backflow into our washing machine? The condo has had plumbing issues since the builder used too small of pipes and the use of too much laundry detergent from the owners causes the sinks to overflow with detergent suds. They...

Backflow valve [ 1 Answers ]

Just installed new main water line from meter to house. Water pressure to the house is good however no water in the house. Noticed a backflow valve and old shut off valve under the house (crawl space). Could either prevent water flow to the house? Water has only been off for two days after main...

Does backflow affect water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having trouble with high water pressure on my fire sprinkler system. No one can figure out why. Does the backflow have any thing to do with pressure? That is the only replaceable part besides the gauge. Could something be stuck in the water pipes leading into the house? I am at a loss and so is...

View more questions Search