Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Trying to move on.
    So here's my story: I'm a 23 year old who just broke up with my boyfriend of nearly 5 years. I cannot begin to express the pain I'm feeling. The reason was because I decided to move 4 hours away to go to college, and he didn't want to go with me. I was so upset and just resented him for months until I couldn't take it anymore and broke it off. I still don't understand how you can date someone for this long, someone your madly in love with, and not say "yes, of course I'll move with you." I wanted him to JUMP with me! Take a leap of faith... I'm only trying to better myself so our future is that much greater. During our relationship, we lived together for 14 months. It was great... probably the best time during our relationship. Well, it's been a little over a month now and I'm losing my mind. I cannot eat, sleep, study, smile, laugh... my life has essentially come to a screeching halt. I miss him so much it hurts. We shared our dreams and our futures... wanted to get married and have babies. So hard to watch those dreams walk away. I just really need some advice. I need to know how people get through this? I just got off the phone with him. That was the second time since we broke up. It was definitely better than the first conversation, but there's a lot of pain there. He's really upset that I left him, and I understand that. But, I also feel that I had no choice. I would have moved for him in a heart beat. My mind tells me to move on, and my heart tells me to try and resolve this. We ended the conversation by saying "i love you". Obviously we wish that we could have made it... someone please help me. I'm about as desperate as a girl can get. Thanks so much. I would really appreciate hearing what you think. Am I wrong? Did I let the love of my life go? Lindsey
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Sounds to me like if you can't study what is the point of being there?
    Can you take time of and try to see what direction your life would go if you choose him instead of school and maybe find a school closer to home?
    Then if you end up breaking up with him after all go back to that school. Often people will go to a community college and then move on to another school after that.
    Think of alternative options that could work.
    needofhelp Posts: 129, Reputation: 14

Oct 25, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Distance is a challenge for a relationship, but it shouldn't be the reason to break up. It seems like you both care about each other and the feelings are still there. I ask myself why are you putting yourselves through that, if you both care.
    Did you find out what his reasons are for not moving with you? Love is about compromise.
    Lindsey, if you two truly love each other, see if you can work it out. It sounds like you both want the same thing. Good luck.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Oct 26, 2007, 12:55 AM
    Very good posting. Well written and specific. No ultimatums, no decisions on an empty stomach and remember you do have options. Take it easy and slowly work on communications. Two bright people should be able to understand the problem/s and work together for each other's benefit. It's best not to cut short our own goals to satisfy laziness. Best wishes.
    kochi Posts: 82, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Reason without passion is dead.
    And passion without reason is blind. Or some crap like that.

Have you told him all this? Sounds like you should and see what happens :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I move out [ 2 Answers ]

I am living with this girl and she got me off the street and I am starting to fall for her but she still has feelings for her ex.boyfriend... I don't know what to do? Should I move out and go back onto the streets? o Some one please help me./

Want to move [ 4 Answers ]

We do not have a lease,we are month to month tenants.We want to move.we told our landlord on the 15th of may that we are moving on the 17 of June.Well he proceeded to ask me if we would stay until the end of June in stead of the middle.Well we cannot do that.He then told me that he had spent our...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search