Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chukieanbride Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Oct 16, 2007, 03:24 AM
    Men working away
    Hey, I just want to know how women cope when there partners go away for days on end to work. I have a great loving relationship with my partner. He moved over from Ireland to be with me, we were together almost constantly until he got himself work, I'm happy that he got this work, it has left us feeling more like a successful family unit. He had some on going treatment when he first came over and was going back and forth to Ireland to get this finished. It was hard for me to contact him when he was away and after not hearing from him for three days I brought a ticket an went to ireland... When he found out I was on my way he was delighted, I met all his family an ended up staying a week,

Since then he spent Three nights in a hospital due to a stomach ulcer. I did miss him, but managed to get up an see him every day.

Now only a few day after coming home from hospital he returned to work, He had been signed off work by the doctor for two weeks but insisted we needed the money. His boos phoned and asked if he would stay over night if he had to at his next job, This job started on Wednesday. That night when I gave him a call to see how he was doing an wish him goodnight he told me that he was on his own in a flat an there was no electric, no heating, no nothing apart from a sofa which he had to sleep on. I was in shock that he would be left like that, he usually would stand up for himself. But for what ever reason he let this slip, The next day when I phoned him he told me that he would prob be finished Friday, Friday is his birthday so I was happy we would get to spend that day together.

Then Friday he tells me he won't be bk till Monday, He was out ov money, out ov smokes, cold, hungery and tired, He hadn't taken enough medication with him as he only planned to stay one or two nights. On Monday when I phoned expecting him home at lunch time it was apparent that he wouldn't be home till well after our little girl was in bed. He tells me that he did go mad at his boss, then in the next breath he tells me that he is going to have to go bk another night to finish off the last bits... so he got home at 9.30pm lastnight, and left for another night there today, at 10.30 thismorning,

I am in a fit ov rage that he has put himself bk in a situation that he moaned about for the past week. An I can't believe he has agreed to spend another night there.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge Ram A/C working, then not working [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. Within the last year whenever I turn the a/c on it will work fine and after about 5 or 10 minutes will start to blow hot air as if I turned the a/c off and had the fan blowing outside air. At first I started turning the a/c off and then back on which would...

What do men want [ 4 Answers ]

When you want an ex back after you've done wrong, how do you "get them back?" I know that I need to give my ex space, and I am. I'm getting on with my life and I have priorities lined up for myself. But he's still in my thoughts. In April possibly march I'm going to see him at a local dirt track...

Fridge not working then started working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a side by side whirpool refridgerater it is two years old when I got home it was not cooling the fans were on but compressor was not on as soon as I walked away the compressor came on but within two minutes it clicked off so I thought it might be the overload but then it kicked back on and...

Previously working electrical outlets stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone A wall of electrical outlets in my kitchen just stopped working. They were working just fine about a month ago. I tried checking the circuit box, and turning the circuits on/off just to make sure anything that has been tripped was turned on back again. But it didn't work for the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search