Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dog_skyhigh Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Aug 18, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Baptized with the Holy Spirit
    Why do Christians need to be baptized with the Holy Spirit?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 02:22 PM
    The term "baptised with the Holy Spirit" has several meanings within Christianity. Which meaning and term are you referring to in this usage.
    dog_skyhigh Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Aug 18, 2007, 04:53 PM
    I am aware of the terms "Christian water baptism" and it has been said by some churches that we still need to be baptized of the Holy Spirit. So, I was wondering what the group believes about these two views.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Some churches teach that at baptism you are filled with the holy spirit while others have this at a confirmation service in their church, while still others have it as a separate event that involves a sign of the gifts of the holy spirit. In the end all of them basically believe in the holy spirit living in them, it is just a difference between how the spirit arrives in the person.
    And I guess I have to ask what your position is, since you word your question as "christians this or that" but in your profile you appear to be a minister and have a minister.com email address.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The gift of the Holy Spirit [ 7 Answers ]

This is a two part question- 1.-- I am looking for scriptures that would shows where anyone ever spoke in an unknown tongue(unknown to the speaker & hearer) after receiving the Holy Ghost. 2.--- I also need some verses to support being slain in the spirit. Where is there any record where anyone...

Communion, should you be baptized? [ 18 Answers ]

:confused: My family has recently started going to our local christian church, communion is offered during the service. I, nor have my children been baptized, should we take part? If we should not, how do you decline? Thank you. Gina

Grieve the Holy Spirit [ 22 Answers ]

I stumbled across some posts on "you tube" that made me weep. People are posting videos where they public renounce God and Jesus.:eek: Before I was a Christian I was a good sinner I did it all lie,some drugs , stole ,adultery. But never would I even think of denying Jesus I mean I didn't really...

Blasphemy Holy Spirit [ 12 Answers ]

I was in church one Sunday about 5 yrs ago and felt the Holy Spirit persuade me to go to the alter for salvation. I didn't go because I was a member of that church. Then I grew so severely depressed that I had to be hospitalized. One night I got to thinking that if I committed the unpardonable sin...

Can a child be baptized into 2 religions? [ 3 Answers ]

I am English and my husband is Greek and we live in Ireland. My son age 7 was born in Belgium and has a British passport. My husband is going to baptize him in Athens, Greece over Easter so he will be Greek Orthodox, but I want to baptize him in England so he is church of England like myself. Is...

View more questions Search