Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    horse101 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 06:55 AM
    English saddle
    A month ago I perchased a used, leather, close contact, english saddle with leather stirrup leathers. I was wondering how much do you need to wash and or condition the saddle and stirrup leathers. I've heard some people say once a month and others say after every ride. Also, I've heard some people say that you need to switch the stirrup leathers if they're leather because the holes strech. Is that true and how much and for how long would you need to switch them?
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Aug 18, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by horse101
    A month ago I perchased a used, leather, close contact, english saddle with leather stirrup leathers. I was wondering how much do you need to wash and or condition the saddle and stirrup leathers. I've heard some people say once a month and others say after every ride. Also, I've heard some people say that you need to switch the stirrup leathers if they're leather because the holes strech. Is that true and how much and for how long would you need to switch them?
    Wow my daughter used to ride englis and I don't think she conditioned that much!
    I would say once in awhile when you feel like it. They are pretty durable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing saddle valve for ice maker [ 16 Answers ]

I want to install a water supply line for the ice maker in a new refrigerator. Are the piercing saddle valves safe? I am worried that it might leak after a while. Is it better to install a real brass T with a 1/4 inch valve? Also, I noticed a recommendation on this site to tap the HOT water...

Install Flexible Tap Saddle [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to tap into an existing Cast Iron 4" Waste Stack to add a connection for a washing machine. I found "Flexible Tap Saddles" that look like they would do the trick http://www.fernco.com/TS.asp but am not sure what I will need to cut a...

English help [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Teacher, Kindly help me out with the following. Are these OK? 1)The institute has two campuses. One for the juniors ;One for the seniors. 2) This should not disturb the work life and family life balance. 3) Such a thing is basically done at the corporate level. 4) I want a pen and...

Vertical Tap Saddle [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy! I'm doing a complete bathroom remodel. I've moved the toilet from one end of the bathroom to the other (about 7 feet away). I have an old cast iron stack/drain that was in the wall behind the toilet (old toilet location). I'd rather not move the stack if I don't have too.. My plan is...

View more questions Search